• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2003 March Comics Signature Sale Up

12 posts in this topic

Arty..you find any other Cap covers? I didn't realize he made multiple cover appearances on USA.

I have found only those. It's a real pain to find anything without search. That list is also only partially in alphabetical order. I stumbled on those U.S.A comics accidentally they are on page 21. USA n.16 is on page 15.

Edit: there's more cap cover appereances all on page 21:

USA17 NM9.4!

All Winners Comics #3 and #11(+All Winners #18 but it's resto)

All Select Comics #3

Yeah, I really wish they'd add a description search as well.. then you can catch guest appearances and other stuff that isn't mentioned in the auction title line.

Thanks for the info, will have to check those out. Really wish I could add some of these books to the "watching list", hope they switch that over soon. smile.gif

Brian

Gosh...page 20 is full of Cap-cover comics

All Winners Comics #1

All Winners Comics #2

All Winners Comics #4

All Winners Comics #12

All Winners Comics #13

All Winners Comics #16

All Winners Comics #17

All Select Comics #1

All Select Comics #6

page 19

All Winners Comics #21

and finally my favorite "Captain America" cover!!! gorgeous! grin.gif

All Winners Comics V2 #1

It seems that these titles are full of Captain America covers and there may be much more. It might be wise to just wait for the auction start and search those two titles when it's possible.

I still wish I could come up with some place that has a complete list of his G.A. appearances..if not just a list of his G.A. cover appearances.

As for favorite cover, I've always liked the ones with Hitler or Bucky/Cap beating up on the crudely depicted AZNs. tongue.gif

Brian

I don't know, as with most of the G.A. Caps..it's really hard to find..but it's really not on the top of my list as far as cool covers (although lots of other people disagree). Being more of cool G.A. Cap cover collector then a completist or whatever, I'll probably pass it up and elect to go after a couple issues in it's stead.

This auction certainly is a gold mine for G.A. Cap collectors..

Brian

Murph - you REALLY need to get a copy of the Gerber photojournal guide to golden age comics. Every Timely Cap cover is pictured...Daring Mystery, USA, Marvel Mystery, All Winners, All Select, etc.,. Great hardcover book that will open your eyes to the world of Golden Age...fun reading in the "reading room"! wink.gif

This is just the preliminary web pg list for vintage comics & original comic art, so Heritage has not yet listed their estimated values.

Their list is quite scrambled right now. Can't find a Detect 27 or Capt America b/w Annual (1942) in this mother of all Timely White Rose collection.