• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Six-Gun Gorilla

125 posts in this topic

So as we've already talked about this book over in the Moderns heating up thread, I thought I would start a thread for the fledgeling book no on really expected to be good probably. I read it and really like it myself-though it won't blow your mind I don't think. I think the story has legs and could go places beyond the first issues well placed setup.

Without giving too much away, the story reads like a mix between The Running Man, Truman Show, and Saga. The latter title only through it's absurd wackiness in places. Oh, and if the title and cover weren't enough, the book features a humongous six-gun wielding simian to boot. Who doesn't love gorilla's in comics!?!

I've asked for a copy at like 7 stores - all were sold out.

I got a phone call today about the title and a store was able to find a number 1.

I'll find out tomorrow if its good or not, but I am pretty excited to read a western comic about a gorilla holding guns!

:whee:

Glad to see a thread opened up about the gorilla with six shooters! I was thinking about doing the same so glad you beat me to it. I'm excited for more issues! Anyone get the 1:25? I was hoping to pick one up if I could find one for the right price. Midtown's got em for $25...no thanks.

I'd say mini for now....says 1 of 6 on the cover. (shrug)

Thanks mate - appreciate it.

People need to reconsider BOOM.

This book, Suicide Risk, and Polarity are very solid books.

Pat

+1

I share this sentiment too, and would even go a step further and throw in Next Testament. Boom is 4 for 4 from me on their new titles (Polarity, SR, NT and 6GG) - I've been surprised each time. :grin: ...probably because I just bought one of each doh!

Remember Dark Wing Duck? Such a good Boom title.

Dark Wing Duck (cartoon) was the #$#@#@#@*#.

Didn't even know there was a comic. I haven't been a big fan of cartoon's translated into the comic medium.

Pat

Pat

yep there's that word should...it means reality isn't this way but I am going to do my part to change it by pointing out the inequity of it....

People should recycle

people shouldn't be mean

cgc'ing shouldn't turn a 10 dollar comic into a 100 dollar comic...

Pat

+1

I share this sentiment too, and would even go a step further and throw in Next Testament. Boom is 4 for 4 from me on their new titles (Polarity, SR, NT and 6GG) - I've been surprised each time. :grin: ...probably because I just bought one of each doh!

Picked up New Testament #1 this weekend. I'll give it a shot based on their other books.

Gorilla #1 was really interesting and fun. It would be awesome if Fear Agent made a cross-over.

Pat