• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spawn #222 Kudranski Variant

37 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I have a very motivated seller with a Spawn 222 Kudranski variant for sale. I want this book but I've always thought that the price for it was ridiculously high. For sure the price nose dived for months and right now there is one for sale on feebay for 230 and GPA shows a recent sale for 200 bucks, down from an all time high of 767 (feel sorry for that dude). My question to you guys is: what price can I pay for this book and not regret next year??? What do you guys think is the true value of this book (variant, limited run of 500, only 17 9.8s on the census) Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! -A

$200ish is a fair price for a CGC 9.8.

There's only 400 copies

There's more than 400 die hard Spawn collectors

It won't be long before almost all of them are in permanent collections

You can't really go wrong in the 200 range for a 9.8. It's ltd to 400 and they were mixed in with dealer orders, so they're scattered (i.e. nobody has a stack of 50 waiting to plop them on ebay). Other scarce Spawn variants have a history of holding value, so I don't see why this one wouldn't.

You can't really go wrong in the 200 range for a 9.8. It's ltd to 400 and they were mixed in with dealer orders, so they're scattered (i.e. nobody has a stack of 50 waiting to plop them on ebay). Other scarce Spawn variants have a history of holding value, so I don't see why this one wouldn't.

Thanks, Solar!!! After reading your post I decided to pull the trigger and got it for 230 shipped. You made some really good points. Thanks for helping me make the decision!!!

Had two but sold one and only paid cover price for one and shipping so like maybe $8.00 from online store. Then I was out of town and checking out some other shops and one store had one in the back issue box for like $5.00. Sold one and other is at CGC waiting to be graded.

Why was the print run on this variant so low?

It wasnt a real variant.

It was just randomly put out in the print run by Image.

when the book came out retailers didn't know if it was a 50/50 or what.

Maybe Mcfarlane released it right before he went Spawn Variant crazy with the homage variants and stuff. 2c

I got one when I ordered Spawn 222 from DCBS. They were selling the Walking Dead variant for $.75. I was pissed off at first when I saw the Kudranski variant because I had no idea what it was. I found out what it was when I looked on ebay though!

It was probably 9.2-9.4. I put it up for an $89.99 BIN and sold it within 10 minutes! I wondered if I should have put it up for more? I couldn't be too upset though. $80.00 profit for getting the wrong book works out for me every day!

I may need to get around to having mine graded, I was a little hesitant because it looked like there was a rub near Kudranski's signature, but it seems like its the art itself.

On 6/26/2013 at 3:49 AM, amnesiac said:

Hey guys. I have a very motivated seller with a Spawn 222 Kudranski variant for sale. I want this book but I've always thought that the price for it was ridiculously high. For sure the price nose dived for months and right now there is one for sale on feebay for 230 and GPA shows a recent sale for 200 bucks, down from an all time high of 767 (feel sorry for that dude). My question to you guys is: what price can I pay for this book and not regret next year??? What do you guys think is the true value of this book (variant, limited run of 500, only 17 9.8s on the census) Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! -A

Almost 4 years to the day. How's that $200 investment looking now?:flipbait: