• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

Just now, The Commissioner said:

I did just hear about Fan Expo Dallas being scheduled for September, so hopefully I can find something there, vaccine pending of course.

There are shows being done here in Ohio. Haven't hit one yet, but will likely attend the next big one in April.

Heard they had awesome attendance.

-bc

1 minute ago, bc said:

There are shows being done here in Ohio. Haven't hit one yet, but will likely attend the next big one in April.

Heard they had awesome attendance.

-bc

What shows are those?  I'm in Kansas City, so it wouldn't be an impossible drive (or flight).

4 minutes ago, bc said:

Was thinking about this last night....

So if you were a kid back in the day with ONE dime to spend, which one of these 3 books would you buy? They were all on the newstand at the same time and represented new titles.

sw_1_cropped.jpg.3802e9f2a2f7c450286b5665db8d93c0.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I would probably have picked TOS1.

-bc

Strange Worlds for me.  I like Kirby’s art better than Heck’s 

36 minutes ago, The Commissioner said:

What shows are those?  I'm in Kansas City, so it wouldn't be an impossible drive (or flight).

Here's the upcoming schedule:

https://www.harpercomics.com/conventions.php

The one on June 27th is a long running show - I have hit it for many years. Good selection of Dealers.

There's a new one coming up on April 11th - brand new venue. No idea what to expect.

-bc

44 minutes ago, bc said:

Was thinking about this last night....

So if you were a kid back in the day with ONE dime to spend, which one of these 3 books would you buy? They were all on the newstand at the same time and represented new titles.

sw_1_cropped.jpg.3802e9f2a2f7c450286b5665db8d93c0.jpg

tos_1_cropped.jpg.12c83476ada0c03894c4a305c73cf361.jpg

tta_1_cropped.jpg.c8a4d91855adfbdfaa6eea424f2787ad.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I would probably have picked TOS1.

-bc

I would have scrounged around for some glass coke bottles until I had enough refund money to buy all 3 books.

1 minute ago, Mucheee1 said:

The wife and I are hoping to get vaccinated in time for the Hero Con in June, it’s a great show. Bought all this stuff at the 2019 show.

D2E3AB4C-5700-4241-90B3-DEF76ED08FE5.jpeg

:headbang: WOW !

Now that's a great haul!

-bc