• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pre- Hero Marvels!!!!
16 16

15,011 posts in this topic

Speaking of Gargantus...

Splash from Gargantus returns!

It's a GREAT page, but this seller has put it up for sale several times for a price of around $9,000 and nobody has bit on it. I'd be willing to pay $9,000 for a Ditko Spidey splash or a Kirby FF splash, but not sure about a pre-hero splash. I do have a nice Ditko pre-hero ghost story splash but I only paid a few grand for it. Hmmm, I need to scan it and post it up in the original art thread....if only my scanner were that big.

Despite some mc.....it looks a lot better than a 5.0! That must be one of John Buscema's earliest pieces for Marvel/Atlas. Man, could that guy draw! acclaim.gif

It was actually one of his last pieces for Marvel during his first stint working for the company (from 1948 to about 1958). According to his biography on his official website, he left Marvel in 1958 to work in the advertising industry, which paid better at the time. He came back to Marvel in 1966 when Stan Lee made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Big John's bio

Love the Pre-Heros! I just picked up Strange Tales #93 in VF/NM cond. but will be completely happy if it is a strong VF/VF+. I`d been after this one for some time,but in a high grade and at a price in my budget.Ended up paying $97.61. I`ll let you know the verdict when I have her in my hand though.