Avengers 2: Age of Ultron - Seriously

2,580 posts in this topic

2,349 posts

Hope Ultron don't become like The Destroyer in the Thor film ;-(

10,714 posts
Let's just hope that Ultron is really Ultron and not some fancy animatronic voiced by an actor. I'd hate for all the Ultron speculators to feel the wrath of Mandarin upon them.

As long as they don't make it into a cloud...

^^

2,025 posts

As long as the Age of Ultron the Movie actually has Ultron in it... unlike the comic version!

6,650 posts

Seeing as The Black Panther is on the cover of #55 - does that mean that T'challa is making his debut?

18,705 posts
Seeing as The Black Panther is on the cover of #55 - does that mean that T'challa is making his debut?

I NEED FF #52!!! :ohnoez:

6,676 posts
Let's just hope that Ultron is really Ultron and not some fancy animatronic voiced by an actor. I'd hate for all the Ultron speculators to feel the wrath of Mandarin upon them.

As long as they don't make it into a cloud...

It's Vin Diesel.

Imagine Vin Diesel in a Tin Man outfit. There you go.

2,850 posts

Does anyone else think Joss Whedon is a lurker and just buys titles we aren't talking about to make even more bank than he already is?

31,624 posts

Lots of books going bonkers. TTA 44 has been red hot lately...the Wasp can't be far behind Ant Man.

2,859 posts

Neal Patrick Harris is being considered as Ant-Man Henry Pym if you haven't heard.

4,202 posts
Some very good info:

Joss Whedon confirms Hank Pym will NOT appear in Avengers 2.

"A lot of people, because we called it Age of Ultron and there was a book called Age of Ultron recently, assumed that was the storyline we were doing which is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron. The other thing is in the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed he was going to be in the mix, but he's not because we're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the way side."

hm

32,645 posts
Some very good info:

"A lot of people, because we called it Age of Ultron and there was a book called Age of Ultron recently, assumed that was the storyline we were doing which is not the case. We're doing our own version of the origin story of Ultron. The other thing is in the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed he was going to be in the mix, but he's not because we're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the way side."

hm

What! They're not following the comics books exactly???

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!!!!

18,705 posts
Some very good info:

hm

This does nothing for the speculation mob.

22,606 posts

hm

Here is how I see it going down, so you can all say you heard it here first. After the events of Iron Man 3, Stark destroys all of his armor. He figures though that after the way that the armor suits performed in battle he can create androids or robots (whatever) to fight these battles eliminating the risk for humans. Ultron will be created through advancements in Tony Starks' Jarvis program requiring Stark to don the armor again bringing him back to the Avengers.

17,663 posts
Some very good info:

hm

How about even a little bit?

32,645 posts
Some very good info:

hm

That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

18,705 posts
Some very good info:

hm

At least it's still called "The Avengers".

I like Whedons approach by using characters from the comics, but not storylines. I would be intently happy if they didn't bastardize my favorite storylines - and just do superhero movies.

8,483 posts

hm

Here is how I see it going down, so you can all say you heard it here first. After the events of Iron Man 3, Stark destroys all of his armor. He figures though that after the way that the armor suits performed in battle he can create androids or robots (whatever) to fight these battles eliminating the risk for humans. Ultron will be created through advancements in Tony Starks' Jarvis program requiring Stark to don the armor again bringing him back to the Avengers.

I could see this. Pepper wants him to step away from the suit. We've already seen him run them remotely. That's the next logical step.

Went to my LCS and apparently the news hadn't spread yet. Found two copies of Avengers 55! :whee:

22,606 posts

Where the hell do you all shop that you have comic book stores that even HAVE silver age books let alone Avengers 55?

I got nothing but the internet, here in NY.

18,705 posts
Where the hell do you all shop that you have comic book stores that even HAVE silver age books let alone Avengers 55?

I got nothing but the internet, here in NY.

I was wondering that, too. There isn't much to find at my LCS either. Of course, I live in Montana, and the closest competition for my LCS is 400+ miles away.