• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2014, July 23-27, San Diego, Ca.

642 posts in this topic

We walked past small artists alley and an artist, Ed McGuinness, had a great reprint for sell for $10.00. My daughter saw it and wanted to buy it. So I gave her the $10 she had to spend for the day. It was a Nova drawing. She loves Nova from the Ultimate Spiderman cartoon. Ed gave it to her for FREE!!! He is a class act. My daughter loves the picture as it hangs in her room now. I'm a big Ed McGuinness fan now because of the kind act and will start collecting his work. I support all those who befriend kids with acts of kindness. He even wrote a small note addressed to my daughter. Small kinds of good deeds makes up for any long line I may have to weather through.

Similarly Jeff Smith did a simple personalized sketch for my kids for free. They are going to love it.

I was at a Marvel Spider-Man panel. A kid asked a question, forgot what exactly. After it was answered, Dan Slott called the kid up to the stage, got a comic out of his bag, signed it and gave it to the kid. I though that was really nice of him.

Funny thing at the Marvel booth I asked if Ed McGuiness was sketching he said no and Al Bellman went to the booth and got a quick free Captain America sketch from him.