• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTB: Sienkiewicz Moon Knight cover

96 posts in this topic

http://mcclane.zonalibre.org/archives/094669.html This guy owns or might have owned 28, its in Spanish so its hard to say.

Nope, I own the #28, but not for sale. One of my favorites.

cool...is it for sale?

sorry , just had to

:jokealert:

Funny guy :) These covers were all cheap ten years ago when I bought mine. Sienkiewicz was completely underrated back then, and in many respects remains so today. I do think his genius is more understood, but he still doesn't pull the prices he should. Only the Elektra stuff has gotten significant respect price-wise, but it's the Moon Knight stuff of his that really stood out as his own. That being said, many people prefer the later covers in the 20s, as the early covers were in a style that seemed to mimic Neal Adams.

http://mcclane.zonalibre.org/archives/094669.html This guy owns or might have owned 28, its in Spanish so its hard to say.

Nope, I own the #28, but not for sale. One of my favorites.

cool...is it for sale?

sorry , just had to

:jokealert:

Funny guy :) These covers were all cheap ten years ago when I bought mine. Sienkiewicz was completely underrated back then, and in many respects remains so today. I do think his genius is more understood, but he still doesn't pull the prices he should. Only the Elektra stuff has gotten significant respect price-wise, but it's the Moon Knight stuff of his that really stood out as his own. That being said, many people prefer the later covers in the 20s, as the early covers were in a style that seemed to mimic Neal Adams.

Yep, it's definitely about the later covers for me. The NM stuff from about the same period is great too, although quite different. Still moody, but a totally different mood.

And Sienkiewicz has always been top five for me since the 80s. I see so much of him in so many artists today...it's like there's two camps: The Sienkiewiczes, all expressive and multimedia and whatnot, and the Art Adamses, all detailed and cartoony.

Huh, that's pretty cool! Too bad Miller and Sienkiewicz never teamed up on any other projects...

Are you forgetting ELEKTRA: ASSASSIN?

hm Never heard of it. or the DD graphic novel either. :kidaround:

doh! Heheh...didn't see that tongue-in-cheek...

Here's another piece where both shared art duties, with Sienkiewicz painting from a Miller layout:

5KHpmcMc_0312131855221.jpg

From Satya Chetri's collection on CAF.

lol Yeah I noticed that too! But that cover doesn't do a ton for me. I talked to Bill about it the other day and he said he'd done another version first that he liked better, and just kinda threw this one together.
Wow I always thought the cover to #3 was one of the best in the series, and if he says that there was another that was better I wonder what it looks like.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1041449

:whistle:

:takeit:

Seriously, this is a much better cover than the #3. And there are many, many more in the BS MK run that top #3. Very quickly he started to get super moody and minimal... :cloud9:

To each his own - the #3 cover is far and away my favorite of the early MK covers. In fact, there's not a cover from the run I like more until we get to the #20s, at which point Bill's art gets funkier (and more expensive!) 2c

lol Yeah I noticed that too! But that cover doesn't do a ton for me. I talked to Bill about it the other day and he said he'd done another version first that he liked better, and just kinda threw this one together.
Wow I always thought the cover to #3 was one of the best in the series, and if he says that there was another that was better I wonder what it looks like.

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1041449

:whistle:

:takeit:

Seriously, this is a much better cover than the #3. And there are many, many more in the BS MK run that top #3. Very quickly he started to get super moody and minimal... :cloud9:

To each his own - the #3 cover is far and away my favorite of the early MK covers. In fact, there's not a cover from the run I like more until we get to the #20s, at which point Bill's art gets funkier (and more expensive!) 2c

No, I'm right! :sumo:

I was the under bidder on the V.2 #26 on EBAY in the fall. :(

I was also able to track down the owner of #8, and possibly to owner of #20, hard to tell since the website is in Russian.

moonknightcover20_zps560fb2cc.jpg

Moonknightcover8_zps940614cc.jpg

Steve Borock used to own the #8. :news: I can't remember if the guy he sold it to was Russian :grin: