• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

post your favorite romance covers
4 4

640 posts in this topic

Terrific books! It's hard to pick just five...especially with Flex Mentallo starting things off with single census and or highest graded copies of some very rare stuff. I have seen dogfights over the Romantic Hearts catfight book, and collectors going crazy over the "Love of a Lunatic" Romantic Adventures 50.

Together with 143ksk's Romantic Adventures 49, these are half of ACG's "Fab Four" - a marked departure from the usual content in 1954 to test the waters for a new type of racy material. Didn't stick. Unfortunately.

The rare ACG Fab Four:

Romantic Adventures 49 - Jailbird's Romance

Romantic Adventures 50 - Love of a Lunatic

Lovelorn 52 - I Sold My Baby!

Lovelorn 53 - Heart of a Drunkard!

All of these have epic stories featuring gutsy artwork. In my experience the two Romantic Adventures are far harder than the two Lovelorns, but all are tough and command high prices when available.

The more I look at this cover, the more I like it. Great interiors with oversized panels. This is issue # 2 by Artful Pub.

DEARLONELY2_zpsf4b65339.jpg

Issue #3

DEARLONELY3_zps0e8acc9b.jpg

I love these Rick - but who is the cover artist? I really like his work. I think this is the same guy.

StrangeMysteries480_zps10943c57.jpg

lf-1_zps6a8d363d.jpg

Edited by Flex Mentallo

Yeh the Dear Lonely Heart series is sweet. Comic Media/Artful - not a lot of output over a four year span - 40 issues. But good stuff.

DearLonelyHeart7fc100_zps19bfb509.jpg

and here's one of the Lovelorn books. I love finger pointing/bad mouthing covers. And I dare anyone to find another comic with the word "Unexpurgated" on the cover! Also love that they chose to hyphenate the word "Con-fession" - too much!

Lovelorn52fc100_zpsce26be73.jpg

here's another couple of Love Journals, 11 & 16. The 16 is signed by John Buscema. A few years in the business and he's signing his work - not too shabby. Catch the title on that book - "IS PETTING DANGEROUS?" You can't make this sh*t up...

LoveJournal11fc100_zps368ba4ff.jpg

LoveJournal16fc100_zpscd5a9a79.jpg

another Buscema classic from a companion title, Love Diary - lovely shades of purple and yellow

LoveDiary31fc100_zps9bfb37f0.jpg

and from the same title, the always popular Tiny Man photo cover. Just the mention of the Tiny Man can drive romance collectors into a frenzy.

LoveDiary16fc100_zps2b02827b.jpg

here's another couple of Love Journals, 11 & 16. The 16 is signed by John Buscema. A few years in the business and he's signing his work - not too shabby. Catch the title on that book - "IS PETTING DANGEROUS?" You can't make this sh*t up...

LoveJournal11fc100_zps368ba4ff.jpg

Looks like Harry Anderson again...

and for some good old fashioned arm yanking, as comixnoir posted earlier, Fox has got you covered. There's more where this came from, too.

MyLoveSecret26fc100_zps74b31c2c.jpg

but nothing tops True Life Secrets 25 for the most violent romance cover going. Everyone's all "oh look at my True Life Secrets 23, it's so hot, she's so hot". Whatever. This cover is for adults only - children, avert your eyes.

TrueLifeSecrets25fc100_zps6d0e3238.jpg

and for some good old fashioned arm yanking, as comixnoir posted earlier, Fox has got you covered. There's more where this came from, too.

MyLoveSecret26fc100_zps74b31c2c.jpg

but nothing tops True Life Secrets 25 for the most violent romance cover going. Everyone's all "oh look at my True Life Secrets 23, it's so hot, she's so hot". Whatever. This cover is for adults only - children, avert your eyes.

TrueLifeSecrets25fc100_zps6d0e3238.jpg

That is a cool cover very different in content from the 23

CinderellaLove28CGC40_zpscb79e2d9.jpg

This is such a sweet cover! :cloud9:

Here is something odd that I just noticed: Overstreet doesn't attribute the cover to Baker! He breaks it out from 27 and 29 with a lower price. Clearly an error. If that one ain't Baker, nothing is!