• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

624 posts in this topic

This just ruined my day.

OMG :eyeroll:

On that day I will be sitting in the movie theater witnessing comic book history with two A+ characters on the same screen. :popcorn:

Hate to see what it would take for you to have a good day.

Batman: DKR movie trilogy perhaps? hm

Are you calling the Superman actor an A List or A plus actor? He's hardly A List yet. I can't even remember his name and saw MoS twice.

Wow. I am stunned.

I also am underwhelmed with anticipation. It might possibly be the first superhero movie I don't see in a theater.

I wish the movie well. But this news does not bode well.

You know it. I know it. We all know it.

I can not stand Ben Affleck as an actor. In a chick flick, maybe. But not in anything else.

Yeah like you are not going to see Superman and Batman in the same movie.

it already made more money than Avengers since it was just announced last month.

This will be the biggest grossing superhero film of all time.

Two A+ Superheroes on the silver screen at the same time. No comic book movie has ever done that before.

Are you going to see it Fri or see it for matinee on Saturday? :baiting:

Two of Marvel's B list superheroes made nearly as much money in their solo movies as Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel did.

Iron Man 3 and Thor combined: $1,662,095,474

Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel: $1,733,699,956

I doubt the Batman/Superman movie surpasses the Avengers at the box office. hm

IM and Thor are A- and not B. B is DD and Ghost Rider.

If DC does it right Superman/Batman will gross higher than Avengers.

There are no other characters in comic book history that have more star power when together than Batman and Superman.

I have no doubt unless DC just bombs this movie that this will be the most important and highest grossing comic book movie of all time. Yes well over Avengers.

No way in hell is Ghost Rider in the same league as Daredevil. At least DD can keep an inking series ongoing.

This just ruined my day.

On that day I will be sitting in the movie theater witnessing comic book history with two A+ characters on the same screen. :popcorn:

Are you calling the Superman actor an A List or A plus actor? He's hardly A List yet. I can't even remember his name and saw MoS twice.

My mistake, you were comparing the fictional characters, not the actors.

I have to agree.

Until Marvel puts Spider-Man on the screen with Wolverine, for example, Marvel can't come close to this pairing.

This just ruined my day.

My mistake, you were comparing the fictional characters, not the actors.

I have to agree.

Until Marvel puts Spider-Man on the screen with Wolverine, for example, Marvel can't come close to this pairing.

It is going to be interesting. Maybe Affleck will show us all up with his performance.

:wishluck:

And the height difference is not that far off.

Ben Affleck: 6'2" (Bruce Wayne/Batman: 6'2")

Henry Cavill: 6' (Clark/Superman: 6'3")

So they have that going for them too.

The Town was good.

I liked this movie as well. Plenty of character conflict where he has to choose between his neighborhood buddies and his love interest. I think this movie doesn't get enough attention.

The Town was good.

This. Also Argo.

I remember when Heath Ledger was announced as the Joker, and the internet lost its' collective mess. That turned out alright, so why can't this?

I think Ben Affleck is a known quantity at this point, I don't think there is any room there for him to surprise anyone.

really? before mystic river he was considered a tabloid fodder joke. he then went on to direct 3 terrific movies and collect a bunch of hardware. i think that surprised people.

What did Affleck have to do with Mystic River?

sorry, wrong Denis Lehane novel - Gone Baby Gone

Now we're talking.

All this Mystic River talk has made me start thinking about how Sean Penn would actually make a good choice for an older Joker.

Not an Affleck fan. Haven't seen a movie with him in it since DD and only saw Mall Rats, Dazed & the overtly sappy PH. DD gave me no desire to watch anything he's in. I think it's easy for most ppl to write him off. That said it's not Clooney. Won't see it on the big screen, maybe Redbox or Netflix.

Stallone in DKR. (thumbs u

More Hathaway. :cloud9:

J Lo as Catwoman. Booty gets stuck trying to crawl through window/duct work.

I'm going to watch it regardless. I just won't set the hopes to high. Ledger did blow my mind with the Joker role, so we'll see. I do hate walking out of a theater and saying, "Man, that could have been done so much better." I hope I don't have to say that with this one.

Wow. I am stunned.

I also am underwhelmed with anticipation. It might possibly be the first superhero movie I don't see in a theater.

I wish the movie well. But this news does not bode well.

You know it. I know it. We all know it.

I can not stand Ben Affleck as an actor. In a chick flick, maybe. But not in anything else.

Yeah like you are not going to see Superman and Batman in the same movie.

it already made more money than Avengers since it was just announced last month.

This will be the biggest grossing superhero film of all time.

Two A+ Superheroes on the silver screen at the same time. No comic book movie has ever done that before.

Are you going to see it Fri or see it for matinee on Saturday? :baiting:

Two of Marvel's B list superheroes made nearly as much money in their solo movies as Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel did.

Iron Man 3 and Thor combined: $1,662,095,474

Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel: $1,733,699,956

I doubt the Batman/Superman movie surpasses the Avengers at the box office. hm

IM and Thor are A- and not B. B is DD and Ghost Rider.

If DC does it right Superman/Batman will gross higher than Avengers.

There are no other characters in comic book history that have more star power when together than Batman and Superman.

I have no doubt unless DC just bombs this movie that this will be the most important and highest grossing comic book movie of all time. Yes well over Avengers.

No way in hell is Ghost Rider in the same league as Daredevil. At least DD can keep an inking series ongoing.

How quickly people forget that Iron Man was a B character before the movies. I thought it was pretty well common knowledge he was a 2nd tier guy until the first movie catapulted him and Marvel started pimping him out.

The only reason DD may be considered a B character right now is that there hasn't been a good, uber popular movie made yet. Once that happens, throw in a trilogy, tons of new merch and he's vaulted back into an A lister. The same can be said for most characters really (emphasis on the "good movie" part).

I like this take. (thumbs u Let's see what they do with it. I'm keeping an open mind.

The problem with Ben Affleck isn't so much his acting, nor his bad choices in bad movies. It's more of an instant recoginizable face, smirk and mannerisms. ". When someone has reached A list status, it's more and more difficult for the audience to ignore "Oh, this is Julia Roberts acting like a serial killer"....or this is "Morgan Freeman prentending to be the elder, graceful statesman."....It's impossible for the actor to disappear into the role....

That being said, I am :facepalm: over the choice as most people. But, you better believe I will be there opening night when the movie opens no matter what happens. :banana:

THIS!! :golfclap:

That's what I was saying earlier. Instead of always finding a big name actor, why not find a relative unknown to fill the role? (shrug) Seems to make the whole suspension of disbelief a little easier rather than focusing on how Ben Affleck or George Clooney or A List Actor is doing as Batman.

Then again, sometimes there are definitely exceptions - Heath Ledger and Robert Downey Jr. So I may be just :blahblah:

My first reaction was :sick: but I think that is a matter of hating change more than anything. DD was just a pretty terrible movie and Kingpin, Elektra, Bullseye, Foggy, Ben Urich I think were all much worse casting choices than Affleck. You can only work with what you're given. (shrug) Good -script, good directing, etc - he can succeed. Let's all just hope to be pleasantly surprised like Ledger! :cloud9:

Preface: I think this is good news. I like Affleck as a person, actor & director.

My theory: Published reports have him on the list to direct Justice League. I think he (and Warner Brothers) is using this time on set as Bruce Wayne/Batman to research, learn and prepare to make a superhero movie from Christopher Nolan and Zach Snyder.

He is too small to be Batman.

And Fat... :sick:

Dudes, are you serious?

I really didn't want to google this but:

Ben-Affleck-pic-2.jpg

What movie was that from?

The Town I believe

Sounds right, but I don't remember that.