• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pedigree Designation

10 posts in this topic

CGC, if I have a book that is already slabbed without a pedigree designation but I know it is a pedigree, what do I do ? Is it a reholder option or a complete resubmission ? Specifically, it is a Green River Ped, red date stamp, verified by Brad Hamann (Green River Expert), etc. Please advise. Thanks.

• Administrator

You can submit the book on a Reholder submission form with a note requesting a Pedigree review and any supporting documentation. The charge will be determined by whether it was noted on the original submission and if it receives the pedigree or not. It will not be regraded.

This appears to be the correct topic for my query, and I received an automated reply from CGC after asking them the question (they redirected me to these forums for help).

I have pedigree books to submit which came with documentation.  I know there is space on the submission form to indicate the "pedigree" name.  I want to keep the original signed/stamped documents with my books.  Will CGC send the documents back to me after grading or should I send only copies of the documentation to CGC with the books?

On 10/02/2017 at 6:08 AM, Yorick said:

Found the answer many pages into the Ask CGC topics list.  Thanks.

On 10/02/2017 at 6:08 AM, Yorick said:

Found the answer many pages into the Ask CGC topics list.  Thanks.

@Yorick

So what was the answer?

Edited by Grantley Goddard

13 hours ago, Grantley Goddard said:

@Yorick

So what was the answer?

I think CGC indicates they won't send any documents back, so it's best to just send a photocopy.  That's what I do.

Squeggs got it.

CGC would like as much documentation as you are able to provide them, but it is best to send them photocopies of your certificates/etc so that there will not be any problems if the documents are lost or misplaced.  I believe they also noted that they will not be liable for any lost/misplaced documents.