• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting rid of spiders in storage area with comics

92 posts in this topic

I first heard this story about twenty ive years ago and enjoy it just as much today. Its amazing how many people have a freind or a cousin with a similar story.

This bloke and his family were on holiday in the States and went to Mexico for a week. As he was an avid cactus fan he bought a rare and expensive cactus there, it was about a metre high and cost about $500 Aus. He got it home and the customs people were none too impressed so they said it must stay in quarantine for 3 months, cost - $800 or so.

He finally got his cactus home and planted it in his backyard where over time it grew to about 2 metres or so in height.

One evening after a beautiful warm spring day he was out watering his garden and thought he might give the cactus a light spray. This he did and was amazed to see the plant shiver all over, he gave it another light spray and it shivered and shook again. All its arms moved. He was puzzled so he rang the council who put him on to the state gardens.

After a few transfers he got the states foremost cactus expert who asked him many pointed questions, how tall is it, how tall was it when you got it, has it grown well, has it flowered, what type of spines etc etc. Finally he asked a most disturbing question, "is your family in the house?"

The guy answered yes, the cactus expert said get them out of the house NOW, get on to the front nature strip and wait for me, I will be there in 15 minutes.

Ten minutes later, 2 fire trucks, two cop cars and an ambulance came screaming around the corner at the end of the street and stopped out the front of the house.

A fireman got out and came up to him, " are you the guy with the cactus?" I am he said.

The fireman turns to the truck and says 'come on Dave'. A guy jumps out of the fire truck wearing what looks like a space suit, a breathing cylinder and mask attached and what looks like a scuba backpack on with a large hose attached. Stay here, says the first fireman, and they both headed for the backyard.

This was too much for the bloke so he ran around after them and found the guy in the space suit was torching his prize cactus with a flamethrower, he sprayed it up and down with this huge flame which fried everything within a ten metre radius of the cactus, caught fire to the back fence and set off the neighbors trees as well. The guy of course was having kittens, what the $%^& is going on etc etc, after about ten minutes the flame thrower man stopped, his cactus stood there smoking and spitting, half the fence was gone, his garden was entirely rooted.

Just then the cactus expert appears and laid a calming hand on the guys shoulder. "What the hell is going on?" says the bloke, 'let me show you' says the cactus man.

He went over to the cactus and picked away at a crusty bit of it, it was almost entirely hollow and filled with these tiger striped bird eating tarantula spiders, about the size of two hands spans.

The story was that this type of spider lays eggs in this type of cactus and they hatch and live in it as it and they grow to full size. When they are all grown to full size they release themselves, the cactus just explodes and about 150 of these plate size tiger striped hairy spiders are flung from it, dispersing everywhere of course. They had been just ready to pop, can you imagine???????????

The aftermath was that his house and the two houses adjoining on each side had to be vacated and fumigated and sealed up for two weeks, yellow police tape was put up outside the whole area and no one was allowed in for two weeks, then they gave the all clear and they could move back in.

Creepy eh?

I first heard this story about twenty ive years ago and enjoy it just as much today. Its amazing how many people have a freind or a cousin with a similar story.

This bloke and his family were on holiday in the States and went to Mexico for a week. As he was an avid cactus fan he bought a rare and expensive cactus there, it was about a metre high and cost about $500 Aus. He got it home and the customs people were none too impressed so they said it must stay in quarantine for 3 months, cost - $800 or so.

He finally got his cactus home and planted it in his backyard where over time it grew to about 2 metres or so in height.

One evening after a beautiful warm spring day he was out watering his garden and thought he might give the cactus a light spray. This he did and was amazed to see the plant shiver all over, he gave it another light spray and it shivered and shook again. All its arms moved. He was puzzled so he rang the council who put him on to the state gardens.

After a few transfers he got the states foremost cactus expert who asked him many pointed questions, how tall is it, how tall was it when you got it, has it grown well, has it flowered, what type of spines etc etc. Finally he asked a most disturbing question, "is your family in the house?"

The guy answered yes, the cactus expert said get them out of the house NOW, get on to the front nature strip and wait for me, I will be there in 15 minutes.

Ten minutes later, 2 fire trucks, two cop cars and an ambulance came screaming around the corner at the end of the street and stopped out the front of the house.

A fireman got out and came up to him, " are you the guy with the cactus?" I am he said.

The fireman turns to the truck and says 'come on Dave'. A guy jumps out of the fire truck wearing what looks like a space suit, a breathing cylinder and mask attached and what looks like a scuba backpack on with a large hose attached. Stay here, says the first fireman, and they both headed for the backyard.

This was too much for the bloke so he ran around after them and found the guy in the space suit was torching his prize cactus with a flamethrower, he sprayed it up and down with this huge flame which fried everything within a ten metre radius of the cactus, caught fire to the back fence and set off the neighbors trees as well. The guy of course was having kittens, what the $%^& is going on etc etc, after about ten minutes the flame thrower man stopped, his cactus stood there smoking and spitting, half the fence was gone, his garden was entirely rooted.

Just then the cactus expert appears and laid a calming hand on the guys shoulder. "What the hell is going on?" says the bloke, 'let me show you' says the cactus man.

He went over to the cactus and picked away at a crusty bit of it, it was almost entirely hollow and filled with these tiger striped bird eating tarantula spiders, about the size of two hands spans.

The story was that this type of spider lays eggs in this type of cactus and they hatch and live in it as it and they grow to full size. When they are all grown to full size they release themselves, the cactus just explodes and about 150 of these plate size tiger striped hairy spiders are flung from it, dispersing everywhere of course. They had been just ready to pop, can you imagine???????????

The aftermath was that his house and the two houses adjoining on each side had to be vacated and fumigated and sealed up for two weeks, yellow police tape was put up outside the whole area and no one was allowed in for two weeks, then they gave the all clear and they could move back in.

Creepy eh?

More like urban legend, eh. meh

urban legend debunked

No the best thing for spiders is this:

5310881438_d04293ee32_b.jpg

Glue traps are second best (thumbs u

OMG your cat is beautiful!!!

i love dogs but im a cat guy. i have hairless cats

Is one of them named Mr. Bigglesworth?

yes, well I named him Ripley Biggles. He was the great nephew of Mr Bigglesworth.

Mr Bigglesworth real name was Ted Nude Gent(leman)

I named Ripley after Sigourney Weaver's character in Aliens becasue he looked like a little alien at 7 weeks old.

Best cats ever they dont shed, and will walk on a leash

Cats and comics :cloud9:

download_1__zps3f4e20f1.jpg

lol Rarely do I hear men say they are "cat guys". I grew up in apartments all my life so cats are the norm for me. It's good to know I'm not the only cat guy around, and yes, they are great for bugs. On the spider upside, I hate paper eating silverfish so I let the spiders stay when I see them

Creepy eh?

urban legend debunked

Still,

0vc7.jpg

-slym

Creepy eh?

urban legend debunked

Of course it, but it evidently still happens to those proverbial friend of a friend or a second cousin once removed. Its like lady who finds the hairless dog that turns out to be a wharf rat.

This story was told to my husband by one of the truck drivers at work. It is supposed to be true, but then someone told him that he found it on the internet. I have not been able to confirm it....

The truck driver's wife works in Boston on the docks where this little white dog comes around at noon and everyone feeds it a little something from their lunch. The wife went home and asked her husband if he would mind if she got a dog. She told him about the stray that everyone has been feeding. He said that he didn't think she wanted a dog. She said it would be nice company since he was away from home a lot, so he agreed.

She went to work the next day and the dog did not show up, but the next day the dog was there. Everyone gave him something to eat and she coaxed the dog into her car and brought him home. She washed, cleaned and bathed him, and the dog slept with her the bed that night and the next night.

The next day she came home from work and found the dog had eaten her cat. The only thing left of the cat was the skull. There was no blood anywhere. She called the veterinarian who told her to bring the dog right in. He could not do anything for the cat, but the bones from the cat could do injury to the dog.

She brought the dog right in and was in the waiting room when the nurse (assistant) asked her to step into one of the rooms immediately!! When she got in the room the vet asked her where she got the dog and she told her it was a stray she found where she works near the docks in Boston.

The vet told her she had to kill it immediately — that it was not a dog, but a 40-pound Cambodian rat that came in from one of the ships in the harbor. The rat was so big that it looked liked a small dog with a little snub tail.

Creepy eh?

urban legend debunked

Fooled me! That's what I get for reading something this late at night haha

The story was that this type of spider lays eggs in this type of cactus and they hatch and live in it as it and they grow to full size.

The best part of this story is that you believed it. lol

What do you suppose those spiders were eating to allow them to grow to full size INSIDE A CACTUS???

The story was that this type of spider lays eggs in this type of cactus and they hatch and live in it as it and they grow to full size.

What do you suppose those spiders were eating to allow them to grow to full size INSIDE A CACTUS???

Other spiders, obviously.

The story as I first heard it had the spiders simply hatching, not growing to full size. You had thousand of newly hatched baby spiders unleashed.

They were eating the cactus flesh.

So I was lying in bed at night a few months ago reading Marvel Premiere 47 - first appearance of Scott Lang as Ant-Man - and I felt a funny tickling along my left calf. I just kind of moved my leg because I thought it was the sheet or something and a minute or two later I felt the tickling again. I sat up and pulled back the sheet and my heart jumped in my chest because there was a queen ant - probably the width of a quarter or so - snaking around back and forth on my leg.

Needless to say it was a delicate act to at once put down the book and find something to dispose of the ant while keeping my eye on her so she wouldn't scurry away. It was rather unsettling to get back to my reading after that given the subject matter, but I chalked it up as a very weird coincidence and left it at that.

True story, no joke.

Other spiders, obviously.

The story as I first heard it had the spiders simply hatching, not growing to full size. You had thousand of newly hatched baby spiders unleashed.

lol

Yeah, because the mass of that many full grown spiders could be explained by cannibalism. lol

Just how big do you think the clutch of eggs laid inside the cactus was???

C'mon, maaaaaaaan!!