• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice movie thread for your reading pleasure
2 2

8,095 posts in this topic

Great, now the prior Ultimate version I purchased is not the best version available. 
Someone tell Zack Snyder that the word Ultimate does not mean what he thinks it means.
That’s like Ridley Scott releasing an improved version of Blade Runner Final Cut. 

3 minutes ago, Oddball said:

Great, now the prior Ultimate version I purchased is not the best version available. 
Someone tell Zack Snyder that the word Ultimate does not mean what he thinks it means.
That’s like Ridley Scott releasing an improved version of Blade Runner Final Cut. 

It comes down to someone showed him the 4K version (the bluray is totally fine) and he found out there were coloring and aspect ratio variances that were not noted before. So to ensure the best 4K experience he made it a point to address this rather than shrugging his shoulders and mumbling "Oh well - they bought it anyway!"

BATMAN V SUPERMAN ENHANCED EDITION TO STREAM ON HBO MAX NEXT WEEK

Zack Snyder has been working on this remaster of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice since last year, saying in an interview with I Minutemen that its meant to replace what he views to be a flawed version of the 4K Ultra HD release.

"It's meant to, especially for the special edition, it's to replace the one that was kind of messed up a little bit... The Blu-ray I think, it was okay, but just not the [4K]," Snyder said. "I remember watching it on Apple movies or wherever it was, or somewhere, and going, 'Wait, what? That's not, that's not correct.' The reds were all blocked up, it was really weird."

:foryou::martini:

8 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It comes down to someone showed him the 4K version (the bluray is totally fine) and he found out there were coloring and aspect ratio variances that were not noted before. So to ensure the best 4K experience he made it a point to address this rather than shrugging his shoulders and mumbling "Oh well - they bought it anyway!"

BATMAN V SUPERMAN ENHANCED EDITION TO STREAM ON HBO MAX NEXT WEEK

:foryou::martini:

🤔

All right, I bought the HD version off iTunes. I haven’t bought it in 4K yet. 

31 minutes ago, Oddball said:

🤔

All right, I bought the HD version off iTunes. I haven’t bought it in 4K yet. 

You're good then.

I think with 4K you can clearly notice things that in HD blend in much easier.

Always hated the title of this movie. Wished it was simply billed as Dawn of Justice. That’s it. The title under the symbols logo. But I understand they needed the big names in the title to be instantly recognized in every country. Dawn of Justice alone might be too vague in Flores, Guatemala and then WB misses out on some Quetzales. Still, a very unfortunate title to me. 

6F61C29B-F4FF-41AA-8BB5-E9D57AF557C8.png