• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Bids

33 posts in this topic

It wasn't #59 that Keith and I had piles of - it was #63. but I still wouldn't call #59 rare - even if it did come out 6 months after Avengers #4. Does make me wonder why It guides for so much less than Cap #100 when it came out 4 years earlier, and really is the start of Cap's series. There were only a limited number of #58s and #59s in the KDK warehouse, the deep quantities started on 1965 and up books.

It was like #61-up that there were a bunch of in the KDK warehouse. I remember before one of the Great Eastern Conventions, that Keith and I filled a whole long box (no joke) of Suspense #s 63, 65 and 66 (and got as many 63s as the other two combined), cherry picking to make sure we only pulled true VF/NM or better copies. The guide prices on these books were nuts, Cap #100 was already selling for $75 or so, while Suspense #63 was guiding at $5 - how stupid is that?

At a show later that year we set up one whole backboard with just Suspense #63's to push them, and set up two rows on another backboard with nothing but Hulk #181s and Spidey #129s - 'cause crazy collectors were paying us the ungodly amount of $150 each for them. suckers...

That Heritage bump is starting to scare me. May just stick w/ some of the smaller auctions like Russ Cochran's for my orig. artwork. There u have a legit chance at some choice items. Bought my 1st Barks orig. Disney color smile.gif art today courtesy of Cochran.

Well that kind of pisses me off, as I sold a 9.0 for $350, which IMO is about market value. WTF!!!

I don't know, Andrew, personally I think there's no way someone is paying 1,200 for that book. They'd have to be completely out of touch with the comic. A higher grade book just ended for 600 dollars not long ago..by Drummy? I think it's more likely a shill bidder then it is an actual bid, but that's just an opinion.

Brian

Did anyone else bid in this auction? Prices certainly were strong IMO. I managed to come away with the X-men 114 9.6 and the Marvel Spotlight 5 9.4, I'm very happy to have gotten such a nice looking MS 5..my hunt is finally over!!

How'd everyone else who bid, do? smile.gif

Brian

I got one of the two FF 49 CGC 9.2s...the one with off-white pages that wasn't a Boston pedigree. $605 with buyer's premium...that's the cheapest I've seen that one go for in about two years. The Boston one with offwhite-to-white pages went for $775 I believe.

Finally got a copy of my 2nd-favorite FF cover!!! I'm VERY pleased!!! smile.gif

You have won the following lots:

Lot # Amount Description

===== ========= ================

17392 96 The Inhumans #4 30 Cent Price

Variant (Marvel, 1976) CGC NM 9.4 White pages.

17429 2 Ka-Zar #2 (Marvel, 1970)

Condition: VF.

17430 76 Ka-Zar #15 30 Cent Price Variant

(Marvel, 1976) CGC VF+ 8.5 White pages.

17576 91 Skull, the Slayer #5 30 Cent

Price Variant (Marvel, 1976) CGC NM 9.4 White pages.

17643 10 The Sub-Mariner #12 (Marvel,

1969) Condition: VF/NM.

17768 81 Warlock #12 30 Cent Price Variant

(Marvel, 1976) CGC NM 9.4 Off-white pages.

17809 105 X-Men #100 30-Cent Price Variant

(Marvel, 1976) CGC FN/VF 7.0 Off-white pages.

=========

SubTotal: 461.00

15% Buyer Premium: 79.35

P&H: *13.60

============

Amount Due: 553.95