• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Farlaine the Goblin : Self Published Comic Book
2 2

168 posts in this topic

I happen to use magazine sized short boxes for my comic books thus this isn't a big deal about fitting. And if I have to chase down a few shops on the magazine sized bags & boards I feel it'll be worth it. Some collectors that are size specific like you said will pass on it but I think this makes it even more unique, enjoyable to read, and collect.

I sure would like to find a place that sell bags and boards for magazines. I am not sure wwhere to get new CGC bags at other than bags unlimited.

I go to a place called v-trade they sell a variety of items and have several magazine size bags n boards. Like those old Creepy books have some outstanding art and stories and people find bags for them. I'm not sure you are going to find CGC brand bags though. (shrug)

I happen to use magazine sized short boxes for my comic books thus this isn't a big deal about fitting. And if I have to chase down a few shops on the magazine sized bags & boards I feel it'll be worth it. Some collectors that are size specific like you said will pass on it but I think this makes it even more unique, enjoyable to read, and collect.

I sure would like to find a place that sell bags and boards for magazines. I am not sure wwhere to get new CGC bags at other than bags unlimited.

I go to a place called v-trade they sell a variety of items and have several magazine size bags n boards. Like those old Creepy books have some outstanding art and stories and people find bags for them. I'm not sure you are going to find CGC brand bags though. (shrug)

+1

Thanks I will check them out.

Got mine in the mail today, very cool art!

Unfortunately, the book was damaged along the spine, probably due to the fact that it doesn't really fit in the bag and board it was shipped in :(

I can see this being an issue with collectors. I know the artists primary concern is not collectors, but nonetheless collectors make up a sizable part of the market.

May want to consider an alternate means of shipping (thumbs u

Cool book though.

Unfortunately, the book was damaged along the spine, probably due to the fact that it doesn't really fit in the bag and board it was shipped in :(

I can see this being an issue with collectors. I know the artists primary concern is not collectors, but nonetheless collectors make up a sizable part of the market.

Cool book though.

Terribly sorry about the damage! Still trying to determine the best way of shipping the book affordably and sturdily. If you could shoot me a PM photo of the damage I'd appreciate it!

Suggestions also welcome on the best way to ship it so it doesn't get damaged.

Cool book though.

Terribly sorry about the damage! Still trying to determine the best way of shipping the book affordably and sturdily. If you could shoot me a PM photo of the damage I'd appreciate it!

Tape between two pieces of cardboard. Envelope. Ship. ^^

Cool book though.

Ill try to get a pic to you when I get home. I think possibly a larger bubble envelope would definitely help, and possibly Magazine sized bag/board (I think the one you used was Golden Aged, right?)

Also, many people ship between two pieces of cardboard cut slightly larger than the book/bag/board...this tends to make all the difference.

All in all, I think the packaging was just a little too tight of a fit.

Also, I hope you know I'm only weighing in because I love the book and I'd like to spare you the wrath of any future angry collectors :) Returns can be a headache.

Again, awesome book! My kids are enjoying it at home right now, well done sir!

Ill try to get a pic to you when I get home. I think possibly a larger bubble envelope would definitely help, and possibly Magazine sized bag/board (I think the one you used was Golden Aged, right?)

Also, many people ship between two pieces of cardboard cut slightly larger than the book/bag/board...this tends to make all the difference.

Also, I hope you know I'm only weighing in because I love the book and I'd like to spare you the wrath of any future angry collectors :) Returns can be a headache.

Again, awesome book! My kids are enjoying it at home right now, well done sir!

Thanks for chiming in guys! I will definitely look into thicker cardboard for packing.

On my end I was nervous of charging too much for packing/shipping. $1/book seems reasonable. $2-3 seems like it could turn people off.

And it currently costs $2+ to mail. Secret drawback to cardstock covers and 50 page comics...

Happy to hear you enjoyed it though! It only gets better:)

Cool book though.

I ordered 5 copies and 3 out of the 5 got minor dings from just being tossed in an envelope. Could have been MUCH worse being shipped like that so I consider myself lucky

Again, awesomebook! My kids are enjoying it at home right now, well done sir!

Thanks for chiming in guys! I will definitely look into thicker cardboard for packing.

On my end I was nervous of charging too much for packing/shipping. $1/book seems reasonable. $2-3 seems like it could turn people off.

And it currently costs $2+ to mail. Secret drawback to cardstock covers and 50 page comics...

This is where the importance of collectors comes into play...I think most collectors would gladly pay $3 for proper shipping. I wouldn't be too scared about asking that if I were you, especially considering the high quality product you are producing. $3 is pretty standard for 1-2 properly packed books. My 2¢.

This is where the importance of collectors comes into play...I think most collectors would gladly pay $3 for proper shipping. I wouldn't be too scared about asking that if I were you, especially considering the high quality product you are producing. $3 is pretty standard for 1-2 properly packed books. My 2¢.

I agree. Raise the shipping price and spend the extra time packing correctly. Will go a long way IMO

I agree. Raise the shipping price and spend the extra time packing correctly. Will go a long way IMO

Agreed.

Sorry everyone for the weak shipping!

Up until now I'd mainly been shipping to reviewers and people who just wanted to read the books, not collect them, and nobody had mentioned any dings or damage.

We'll try to make strides forward to not let this happen again and learn how to pack them properly.

Sorry again, and if anyone is really unhappy, please PM me directly.

Happy to hear a couple of you liked the book though:)