• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best place in Toronto to sell Magic the Gathering Cards?

7 posts in this topic

Trying to help a friend out who wants to sell his Magic the Gathering Cards.

Stores we looked up so far are:

-401 Games

-Dueling Grounds

-Legends Warehouse

-Comic connection

-Harry Trantula Comics and Games

Anyways we have a decent condition demonic tutor from alpha, couple betas then pretty much thinks its 4th and up to tempest. Know some of the older duel lands are in there but some are in rough shape. Ice age almost complete along with legends and the dark. After Ice Age the sets are complete. Have lots of doubles, triples and quads of some cards as well. Anyways just trying to figure out who would give best payout along with who does cash and who does only store credit along with what their reputation is like.

Did discuss trade but only if he can get some decent investment comics.

Do know he wants roughly $1000 for his whole collection.

I don't know any of these stores and we may be heading to Toronto on Tuesday.

Anyways thanks for any info that can be given.

Well theres a lot more then a $1000 dollars worth. That's just an estimate, we priced thru mtgcards.com and cardkingdom.com just 17 of the cards and it was over $540. That was their buy price and even contacted mtgcards.com but sort of worried about that place.

Those where the main ones .

And I know back in the day I sold my green collection which was every single green card from the dark or legends forget which came first all the way up to tempest and I got $500 just for that.

So we are being realistic with the value in my mind.

I would not go to Comic Connection as they are really cheap. (and also individual_without_enough_empathys).

Conspiracy Comics in Hamilton, Burlington or Oakville buy magic cards. I would phone first.

Gotham Central might buy them if you phone first and arrange something.

Aside from that I think you need to go online.

Well I will let my friend know.

Do have a store in my city but I know we would get lowballed on this stuff.

Not sure what we are going to do with this collection now and feebay is not an option in my mind as a lot with all the scammers on there so don't want to put my friend in that position. Figured selling off the whole lot in person and getting it over and done with would be best option.

Anyways I will figure out something.