The Marvel Value Stamp club
2 2

210 posts in this topic

39,785 posts
On 9/30/2018 at 5:10 PM, Artboy99 said:

*update

I picked up an interesting collection recently ( well interesting to me ).

The seller had all of the Marvel Value Stamps but he had removed the entire page they were on rather than cut the stamps.

All 100 stamps, some of the color variants, the hulk promos, and the question mark stamp were all present. He also had a few other interesting pages and I acquired those as well.

 

15383528997738431452244961725311.jpg

15383530075774221635490376133173.jpg

15383530470817120049089260642071.jpg

15383530854274174190920536211905.jpg

I have to say that is just. Plain. Freakin'. Awesome. :sumo:  (thumbsu

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,785 posts
On 9/30/2018 at 5:48 PM, comic_memories said:

I posted some of the pages from series 2 a few years ago. Here are some more

DSC00581 (2).jpg

CM - Those are beautiful! (thumbsu Tell me . . . what is your biggest regret (vis-a-vis cutting the Shanna stamp out of Hulk 181)? hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
473 posts
18 hours ago, divad said:

CM - Those are beautiful! (thumbsu Tell me . . . what is your biggest regret (vis-a-vis cutting the Shanna stamp out of Hulk 181)? hm

No regrets, I still have that copy of 181 and at best its a VG anyway. It was fun to do both stamp books at the time, My brother and I did it together and that made it worthwhile. He would later join the Navy in 1977 at the age of 17. I was 4 years younger. So those early years were an  important time in my youth.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16,176 posts
On 9/30/2018 at 8:10 PM, Artboy99 said:

*update

I picked up an interesting collection recently ( well interesting to me ).

The seller had all of the Marvel Value Stamps but he had removed the entire page they were on rather than cut the stamps.

All 100 stamps, some of the color variants, the hulk promos, and the question mark stamp were all present. He also had a few other interesting pages and I acquired those as well.

 

15383528997738431452244961725311.jpg

 

 

15383530854274174190920536211905.jpg

The Fin Fang Foom page is a reprint from Astonishing Tales #23 from '74, not from the original Strange Tales #89.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,946 posts
On ‎2018‎/‎10‎/‎07 at 7:08 AM, Pontoon said:

The Fin Fang Foom page is a reprint from Astonishing Tales #23 from '74, not from the original Strange Tales #89.

Yeah, I still thought it was interesting that this collector collected splash pages and pages with special appearances in addition to Marvel Value Stamps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,785 posts
On 10/7/2018 at 6:08 AM, Pontoon said:

The Fin Fang Foom page is a reprint from Astonishing Tales #23 from '74, not from the original Strange Tales #89.

Still very nice, but certainly a "unique" way to collect. :grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,946 posts
Posted (edited)

another update to this thread. I picked up another "Hey Kids" 70's era spinner rack to go with the one I already have and put my Marvel Value Stamp collection into it. 50 pockets per rack = 100 pockets. There were 100 stamps in the original series...seemed like a perfect match to me.

:cloud9:

Next task will be to organize them numerically by stamp #

 

20190515_060707.jpg

Edited by Artboy99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2