• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Statue Collections
23 23

5,037 posts in this topic

mn2dkj.jpg

I love this statue, even though Drac is huge compared to the average Bowen. Can't wait for Frankenstein to be released...

Great statues you got there. However... for your future uploads, please do one thing for broadies here? Flip over your pictures before you post them here.

Not all of us like to flip out our necks or flip over our monitors too often. :baiting:lol

mn2dkj.jpg

I love this statue, even though Drac is huge compared to the average Bowen. Can't wait for Frankenstein to be released...

Great statues you got there. However... for your future uploads, please do one thing for broadies here? Flip over your pictures before you post them here.

Not all of us like to flip out our necks or flip over our monitors too often. :baiting:lol

Are they showing up sideways? They look normal on my screen. doh!

I'll figure it out eventually. I'm hoping to learn how to embed a video by 2020! :wishluck:

I can't decide which SW statue to go after

Spider-Woman-Statue-Bowen.jpg

spider-woman-statue.jpg

The Queen Veranke version of the SS is sweet too.

Advice ?

Here's mine:

sw2_zpsb60a00d7.jpg

sw_zps1c32070c.jpg

spider-woman-statue.jpg

Advice ?

Here's mine:

sw2_zpsb60a00d7.jpg

sw_zps1c32070c.jpg

It looks less shiny in your pictures, which is good.

mn2dkj.jpg

Are they showing up sideways? They look normal on my screen. doh!

I'll figure it out eventually. I'm hoping to learn how to embed a video by 2020! :wishluck:

Yeah, that's an easy fix. Just flip the photo with Windows Photo Viewer and just use the little rotate buttons on the bottom. I can show you how to embed a video as well if you want. ;)

spider-woman-statue.jpg

Advice ?

Here's mine:

sw2_zpsb60a00d7.jpg

sw_zps1c32070c.jpg

Did you get one yet? :baiting:

No!

Because this evil Vixen keeps tempting me

It's a matte finish; not shiny at all, which I agree is a good thing. Not sure why the promo pics look that way.

B0D101B8-DE8E-4593-883C-37449D8D081E-419-0000004234D73FE6_zps7cc5b7db.jpg

spider-woman-statue.jpg

Advice ?

Here's mine:

sw2_zpsb60a00d7.jpg

sw_zps1c32070c.jpg

Did you get one yet? :baiting:

No!

Because this evil Vixen keeps tempting me

If I didn't already own this piece, I'd jump on it. He's well regarded in the statue community as he does great work, and the price is reasonable considering the custom head and total repaint. If this is your favorite character, you can't do better in statue form.

Otherwise, I'd definitely go Sideshow over the Bowen for scale alone. And it's back in-stock on SS's website, so you can still get it for retail.

I liked the masked version better. (shrug)2c

Me too, but you get both heads and a better paint job. Then again, it's more than double the price, so it really depends on how much he likes the custom.

As an aside, that Bowen piece is a lot smaller and it doesn't look nearly as good as the promo pic. Her hand doesn't sit flush on the gargoyle.

That's too bad. I like that gargoyle piece, but they always make the promo pics look so much better than the actual piece. In that case, I'd go with the Sideshow as well.

And good point. Didn't realize it came with both heads. But if you're really only going to display the masked version - save the $ and buy the non-custom version.

Hey COI, do you have any info/thoughts on this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bowen-Designs-Elektra-Red-Statue-990-3000-L-/390282581559?pt=US_Comics_Figurines&hash=item5adea79637

I've been looking at it for awhile. I think I like this Elektra one better than the others I've seen. hm

Hey COI, do you have any info/thoughts on this one...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301049057751?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I've been looking at it for awhile. I think I like this Elektra one better than the others I've seen. hm

That's one of the oldest Bowen releases; I think it came out in 1997 or 1998. If you can find one in perfect shape for $75-$100, I don't think it's a bad buy.

But if you're willing to spend a little money and want a larger, more detailed stand-alone piece, I'd go with the Sideshow Comiquette. You can probably get one for $300-ish and I think you'll be much more satisfied with it in the long run. There are also black and white variants, but I'm not sure whether or not they're rarer or more expensive than the red.

2wf5u14.jpg