• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2014 --It's still Never to Early, Oct 9-12

734 posts in this topic

Not sure on why misinformation is being given. Tickets go on sale Wednesday June 18th 12pm EDT. You can buy them early (only 4 day I believe) at Special Edition, 1 ticket per pass. Price is $95 for 4 day, $65 for 3 day, 35, 45, 50, 45 for each individual day ticket. VIP's are 195 and 485. O and the individual_without_enough_empathys are clearing the main hall after each panel this year and Ultimate VIPs are no longer guaranteed a seat, they just get in first to pick seats.

Actually they sold some tickets today. They sent an e-mail to those who bought VIP tickets last year to let them know that tickets are being sold exclusively to them for the next 19 hours. Limited sales of VIP and SUPER VIP tickets sold out in minutes. They're currently selling the other tickets as I write this.

Again, this is an offer that was given only to those who bought VIP tickets last year. I was on the fence about the show during the sale which is why I didn't buy mine. I've resolved to make this my last big show before I dedicate my future attendance to more relaxed, but just as fulfilling, con shows.

Tickets go on sale at noon tomorrow. Good luck to all!

NYCC certainly knows how to run a queue for their tickets. Got tickets in less than four minutes. A googool times better run than SDCC. Already paid for accommodations and flight, so just need spending money after SDCC.

I wanted Special Access but couldn't get two tickets, so ended up springing for 2 Ultimate VIPs.

I'm going to NY with my wife and another couple. I will likely only spend a day and a half at the con (otherwise our wives would kill us), probably Thursday and Friday morning, so if anyone wants two Ultimate VIP badges for Saturday/Sunday please pm me.

Thanks

Bill

***** EDIT - PASSES HAVE BEEN SOLD *****

That queue p-i-s-s-e-d me off. They didn't have that last year and they certainly didn't have it yesterday when they were selling their VIP tickets to those who purchased them for NYCC 2013. As I waited in the queue, I opened another tab on my internet explorer to see if any tickets were still available and it showed that VIP tickets sold out. Frustrated, I got offline for a company meeting. Coming back from my meeting I see that they're all sold out.

I have a friend of a friend who bught two extra VIPs and is offering to sell them to me for face value. I'm currently debating if I should go for it or not. That queue nonsense put a bad taste in my mouth.

Was able to get two 4 day passes which is surprising because i usually don't have any luck with "queuing" up for tickets to anything.

I'm shocked how quickly they sold out, is this show going to surpass SDCC this year in attendance/demand?