Giant Size X-Men #1 and/or X-Men 94 Club
16 16

1,018 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Wasn't the GS X-Men 1 part of some huge warehouse find back in the day and as such, shouldn't really be that difficult to find in grade?  hm  (shrug)

I seem to remember that.... Trying to google to see if I can find the story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Wasn't the GS X-Men 1 part of some huge warehouse find back in the day and as such, shouldn't really be that difficult to find in grade?  hm  (shrug)

When has the large number of copies ever stopped Hulk 181? I think that books has more graded copied out there then GSXM 1 and commands even more money.  Plus, at this point those copies have been long absorbed into the supply and any potential effect on the market has dissipated. It is a multiple first appearance key book regardless of the number of copies available. It is the number 2 book of the Bronze Age.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

I know a guy that had a bookstore at a farmer’s market . He had a case of them in his warehouse, they were all destroyed by a water leak 

Geez,  how did he have a case of them 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 1webslinger said:

I know a guy that had a bookstore at a farmer’s market . He had a case of them in his warehouse, they were all destroyed by a water leak 

Was this recently? If he had a case of them I assume he knew what he had and was into comics?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2021 at 12:53 PM, Wolverinex said:

Excellent pickup... wouldn't be surprised if this crosses 4 figures in the next few months... lots of momentum in the book as people want the companion to their GSX1

Holy , I was right but a 7.0 crossed $1000 a week later instead of "next few months" ...A 7.0 just sold for $1250 and a bunch are getting wiped out online...  Looks like its starting shoot up similar to GSX1 ... 

 

If you want a copy of X94, try to get it earlier then later....  momentum is starting to build.  I assume most of the GSX1 collectors are pouncing on this book next.  

 

Congrats @DocHoppus182 on getting your copy before the spike... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Holy , I was right but a 7.0 crossed $1000 a week later instead of "next few months" ...A 7.0 just sold for $1250 and a bunch are getting wiped out online...  Looks like its starting shoot up similar to GSX1 ... 

 

 

Wow 😳, for real? Where were they sold? Mine is a 7.0, I thought they were around $500

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, BrooksR said:

Wow 😳, for real? Where were they sold? Mine is a 7.0, I thought they were around $500

Yes, it is mind boggling.  Reminds me of the GSX 1 spike but a little sharper.    You'll be glad you held onto your copy....

 

Sold yesterday on ebay.  One of my buddies was hoping to get it and texted me about the final price becase he was so angry he missed it.  I didn't notice his message till tonight.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-94-CGC-7-0-BRAND-NEW-SLAB/174676597814?epid=85482721&hash=item28ab895c36:g:vjwAAOSwVChgSVa7

 

Edited by Wolverinex
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Yes, it is mind boggling.  Reminds me of the GSX 1 spike but a little sharper.    You'll be glad you held onto your copy....

 

I bought mine raw for $350 a little over a year ago and then had it graded. I felt bad thinking that I had paid too much for it 🤷‍♂️. These are strange times.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BrooksR said:

I bought mine raw for $350 a little over a year ago and then had it graded. I felt bad thinking that I had paid too much for it 🤷‍♂️. These are strange times.

1.9 trillion dollars why this will boost up.  Plus its been undervalued for so  long. 

I always thought it would spike if heaven forbid, something happened to Claremont (the greatest X-men writer IMO) but I guess I was wrong.  Seems like a lot of people are buying this as the next book after GSX1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Holy , I was right but a 7.0 crossed $1000 a week later instead of "next few months" ...A 7.0 just sold for $1250 and a bunch are getting wiped out online...  Looks like its starting shoot up similar to GSX1 ... 

 

If you want a copy of X94, try to get it earlier then later....  momentum is starting to build.  I assume most of the GSX1 collectors are pouncing on this book next.  

 

Congrats @DocHoppus182 on getting your copy before the spike... 

Holy mackerel!  Wow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
16 16