• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Earliest SCi-Fi comics?

38 posts in this topic

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2013 at 7:50 PM, BB-Gun said:

Federal Men was also mostly Sci-Fi in those early stories. What else would Shuster write?

10412310914_49fe867f35_z.jpg10412326486_5812bd690a_z.jpg

Obviously, Siegel wrote the story and Shuster drew it.  I seem to have reversed the names in the above comment years ago.  But I do like Shuster's early art.  I wish he had been able to continue, like Raymond and Foster but his efforts were diluted by Ghost artists and he spent more time drawing faces.

Edited by BB-Gun

59 minutes ago, Marty Mann said:

MARK MARSON from MORE FUN COMICS 1936 reprinted in WARRIOR COMICS #1  1945.

IMG  MARK  (200 dpi).jpg

Very cool sci-fi, I especially like the elongated bottom panel.

This series began in More Fun #15 (Nov’ 1936) with art by Tom Hickey. I thought the earliest strips were in B&W, so they may have been colored for the reprinting in Warrior Comics #1?

19 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

Very cool sci-fi, I especially like the elongated bottom panel.

This series began in More Fun #15 (Nov’ 1936) with art by Tom Hickey. I thought the earliest strips were in B&W, so they may have been colored for the reprinting in Warrior Comics #1?

Building and vehicle designs can really help bring out a sci-fi feel (Planet Comics #1, 1940).

32.jpg

Edited by Electricmastro

Just picked this up. The cover story is Adventures In The Unknown - A Thousand Years A Minute.

From the GCD:

Genre
science fiction
Characters
Ted Dolliver; Alan Kane; Elmer; Dr Lazar
Synopsis
Ted and Alan find themselves in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Rescued at sea, no one believes they've just come back from Mars, except Dr Lazar.

20191209_150626.jpg

Edited by circumstances