• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am i overcharging on S&H or making money?

63 posts in this topic

look what i rec'd in my inbox today:

>From: adamsonlinecomics@earthlink.net

>To: rocknrollsupapimp@hotmail.com

>Subject: Question for seller -- Item #2156656137

>Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 08:45:38 PST

>

>You do not make money from S&H charges? Then why is shipping 6.00 for priority when you can get a flat rate priority envelope and mail it for 3.85? Seems to me you make quite a bit off of shipping. I was actually gonna bid on this item until I saw that. One thing I can't stand is someone who tries to make money off of shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32753&item=2156652757&rd=1

for this different auction just closed. i charged the buyer $6 for S&H, the cost ended up being $8.40 after insurance and delivery confirmation on friday.....so i don't know what this jackarse is talking about. if he wants a flat rate of $3.85, which it won't be, due to the fact the book is slabbed, talk about a email from a youngster to try to ruin your sunday! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

checkout the jackarse's about me page, sounds like he knew what he was talking about when he emailed me, talk about trying to take out his frustrations on somebody else, that's enough for my soapbox grin.gif

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/skeletorsrebirth/

Thats exactly what I charge for shipping which is a losing proposition if shipping across country (as you found out).

My advice ...ignore the insufficiently_thoughtful_person and move on. Most people with a little bit of sense know that $6.00 to ship a CGC'd book is about as low as you are going to get for safe and prompt shipping service.

Yeah, forget about it supa. It seems to me that your shipping policy is about as good as it gets. grin.gif

$3.85 to ship a CGC book? WTF......the guy is a loser. Some people have nothing better to do with their time than hassle people who are just trying to make an honest buck.

nah, it's all free at the post office, but i do hate it when a seller uses that explanation....that's extra for the handling. believe me it has happen to me before, seller charges $6 for S&H and when i receive the package it only was $1.85 and sent in a box. if i wanted to be technical about this, i could say im charging you for the bus fare to the post office and the wear and tear on my soles on my italian shoes. blush.gifshocked.gifgrin.gif

Is this what these CGC message boards have come down to? Complaining about an extra $2.15 for shipping? Come on. There are other things to worry about.

The only thing worse than somebody whining......is somebody whining about somebody whining. mad.gif

You knew what this thread was about with your first post.....so why the hell come back in here and post a second time just to complain about it? mad.gif

Not to mention the fact that it appears you are not understanding what is going on. Supa was the SELLER......someone else complained that he was overcharging for shipping.