• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cockling?

103 posts in this topic

Just don't look it up in the urban dictionary online....just saying

It has to do with gargling, blocking or being fascinated by

I haven't seen you post in ages and this is the thread you decide to participate in? :grin:

Cockling is a very real term. I use it all the time when doing condition reports for incoming art.

I also giggle every time I have to write it down.

It may be a real term in some other fashion, I'm just saying no one in comics has ever really used that term before.

Cockling - a baby co..... nevermind

Here I was, frantically scrolling through this thread, hoping that Jeffro had not seen it yet so I could post this joke.

Damn you, Jeffro. :facepalm:

I can't decide what's funnier - the word cockling, or the way pressing is supposed to save the hobby from it lol

It's like the Mr Snuffleupagus of comic defects, which apparently only CCS sees and is able to fix.

You are forgetting that cockling is caused by inadequate pressing. If the comic was adequately pressed to begin with then there would be no cockling. Only with adequate pressing can cockling be corrected.

lol

I can't decide what's funnier - the word cockling, or the way pressing is supposed to save the hobby from it lol

It's like the Mr Snuffleupagus of comic defects, which apparently only CCS sees and is able to fix.

Geez Eeyore, can't you just make lame dong jokes like the rest of us?

I haven't seen you post in ages and this is the thread you decide to participate in? :grin:

Hey Ron, I post still. You should check out my newest piece of art.

Hey Ron, I post still. You should check out my newest piece of art.

Is that some cockling in your avatar picture?

thought for sure this one had more legs...slowing down already!?

I just hope they dub the next pressing defect a "fartling" so we can cover the entire realm of humor.