• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle!!

1,852 posts in this topic

Could I possibly make a suggestion:

It would be really great if prize donors could state in advance if they have any objection to shipping abroad.

I'm perfectly happy shipping my prizes to anywhere anyone wants them.

(thumbs u

Excellent stuff. It might make more sense if only those that did NOT want to post overseas specified, and we assume that otherwise it's OK.

I would think the safer assumption is that no one is willing to ship overseas unless specified. Shipping can get quite expensive and not everyone has the kind of job that would allow that kind of expense. I wouldn't want any problems arising from a fun thread like this due to a misunderstanding

Can't say I agree with that suggestion. Raw books and The odd TPB or two can be shipped abroad fairly cheaply. Anyway, I'd always offer to contribute to shipping, as I'm sure would a to of others. Taking your suggestion would (as of right now, anyway) leave non-US participants with basically no choice of prizes.

Obviously I'm not going to claim the full run of 52 and demand for it to be shipped to the UK - that's what I meant about people being sensible.

If people feel that they don't want to ship abroad then they should say so in advance, with no hard feelings. Like you say, it could be prohibitively expensive in some cases. But this is a community thing, right? So I think the base assumption should be that boardies from wherever are entitled to claim...

Others may think differently (shrug)

Let's get in front of this possible cluster bang.

*****Hear Ye, Hear Ye*******

Please bump our PM and specify if you only want to ship US. If you will ship anywhere don't do a thing. I repeat only if you want to restrict shipping to US should you bump our PM.

Sorry, didn't read this before I posted my last. Not trying to cause a cluster-anything!

Since we have now reached enough donations for everyone, I will push up the deadline for donations to Wednesday the 18th.

After that the submission list will be generated by sckaoelf and once it's final it's final. He will explain the particulars about submitting and changing choices if needs be.

We have enough for everyone, why would we need more?

-slym

To have other members join in the fun. For members who haven't participated in the exchange, a donation is a ticket to participate in the raffle.

Or, boboset is a greedy comic freak who simply wants to expand his options. hm

I'll go with the former.

We have enough for everyone, why would we need more?

-slym

To have other members join in the fun. For members who haven't participated in the exchange, a donation is a ticket to participate in the raffle.

Or, boboset is a greedy comic freak who simply wants to expand his options. hm

I'll go with the former.

hm

That is a phenomenal list of donations this year. I want to get in. I missed the secret Santa (as usual), but a donation is a ticket -- is there a price range? I know I could find something worth donating. I simply NEED to get my name in line for greggy's mystery extravaganza. All that DC goodness… swoon!

I'll be back with a scan or two.

-- Joanna

That is a phenomenal list of donations this year. I want to get in. I missed the secret Santa (as usual), but a donation is a ticket -- is there a price range? I know I could find something worth donating. I simply NEED to get my name in line for greggy's mystery extravaganza. All that DC goodness… swoon!

I'll be back with a scan or two.

-- Joanna

PM me what you would like to donate. (Thumbs u

Great job, GiftGuardian_nyc! Behind the scenes, I'm sure sckao is working as hard as ever. Major props to the both of you!! (worship)

+1

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

I guess I should get started on the Ranking Form... :facepalm::sorry:

Great job, GiftGuardian_nyc! Behind the scenes, I'm sure sckao is working as hard as ever. Major props to the both of you!! (worship)

+1

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

I guess I should get started on the Ranking Form... :facepalm::sorry:

:baiting::grin:

Search for last year's raffle.

There's a form you fill out, and you rank the prizes in order of favorite to least favorite.

That way, when your turn comes around to pick, there's almost no waiting. The guys in charge will be able to choose the highest ranked prize that's still remaining, and award it to you.

It's very smooth, that is, until people start editing their list mid stream and then complaining that they didn't get what they wanted.

You'll see. (thumbs u