• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman #1 Club
7 7

1,815 posts in this topic

Amazing result.

So is Batman 1 a $20k per point book now?

Help me with the per point value thing. So lets say .5 1.0 1.5 1.8 and 2.0 are the grades. If you say $20K per point that would be 1.0 value then 2.0 equals $40K? Then just take 75% of the $40K for 1.5 grade?

The last .5 incomplete missing back cover sold for $19000. Anyone have a picture of that Bat 1?

This is .5 incomplete but as with any comic once you hit SB or Brittle pages it turns off probably 95% of buyers.

Eye appeal was definitely lacking on this .5.

Amazing result.

Help me with the per point value thing. So lets say .5 1.0 1.5 1.8 and 2.0 are the grades. If you say $20K per point that would be 1.0 value then 2.0 equals $40K? Then just take 75% of the $40K for 1.5 grade?

The last .5 incomplete missing back cover sold for $19000. Anyone have a picture of that Bat 1?

This is .5 incomplete but as with any comic once you hit SB or Brittle pages it turns off probably 95% of buyers.

The difference between slight brittle and brittle can be enormous and I am not sure people understand how broad the range is or how much it is open to interpretation and possible inconcistency. I have gotten books slabbed that I remember as supple and 98% offwhite only to see they got a brittle designation because of one small area that was tanned. And at the same time I've seen other books I used to own and remember as brittle and flaking reappear in slabs without any brittle designation.

With this book, however, there was little room for doubt. Even if it weren't brittle it suffered the same sort of damage that people fear will occur from brittleness

Amazing result.

right on point Leroy

Amazing result.

pretty much pending eye appeal and PQ. I've been offered more than that price point for my copy recently.

What grade is yours?

a 2.0, but presents much nicer than most 2.0s-3.0s I've seen.

Amazing result.

pretty much pending eye appeal and PQ. I've been offered more than that price point for my copy recently.

What grade is yours?

a 2.0, but presents much nicer than most 2.0s-3.0s I've seen.

:takeit:

Yes it presents very nice for 2.0

This is the one purchase I did not make that I regret the most of all the times I have passed on a comic. Glad you got it since I didn't.

On the other hand it taught me a lesson and that is why I have my Tec #35. If you truly desire to have a rare item in your collection quit whining about the price and manup.

Besides in a few years the market will catch up. If not you bought it because you have a passion for it.

what sale was this? a private sale? an auction result? don't remember seeing or hearing about it.

what sale was this? a private sale? an auction result? don't remember seeing or hearing about it.

Just going off the GPA data. Sold 9/25/2015

Just going off the GPA data. Sold 9/25/2015

wow! thanks Leroy. (thumbs u

This would be a great book to switch interior and then just restore the corner. Less work and the cover is likely still supple.

James G

Likely supple???

1/3rd of it has broken off

Well the cover paper it stronger and stands up better. I talked to vinny about this book, it was the top of the pile and the exposed part was the only brittle part. So i still say the cover would be perfect for leafcasting onto a complete interior.

James G

Beautiful looking 2.5. Even at the price I was tempted but knew something major had to be wrong for a comic that looks 4.5/5.0 to grade 2.5

Has 6" spine split at top and 2.5" at bottom. Loose from top staple and attached at bottom staple.

That barely leaves 2" of spine that is not split.

Still a stunner of a comic and should bring close to seller asking price. Would not surprise me if it sold for the asking price either. I would be all over it if price was $40K but then so would a lot of people.

Bat 1

Edited by lhcomics

Beautiful looking 2.5. Even at the price I was tempted but knew something major had to be wrong for a comic that looks 4.5/5.0 to grade 2.5

Has 6" spine split at top and 2.5" at bottom. Loose from top staple and attached at bottom staple.

That barely leaves 2" of spine that is not split.

Still a stunner of a comic and should bring close to seller asking price. Would not surprise me if it sold for the asking price either. I would be all over it if price was $40K but then so would a lot of people.

Bat 1

But... but... it could so easily be a CBCS 9.8, once lightning strikes and it's recreated by igb.

Seems like a great deal to me! :acclaim:

If this is the same copy I saw in Baltimore it looks really nice now (relative to pgx graded)

This is the same copy from Baltimore after a little love from Matt taking out a spine roll it turned out looking super sharp. No tape nonsense, no water stains, white pages and no rusty staples. :cloud9: