• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

L.B. Cole cover thread! Post your favorites by the master!
40 40

5,892 posts in this topic

There are many cool Cole Captain Aero WWII covers (not to mention the 2 sci-fi covers), so I'm sure this won't be the last one you pick up! lol

The Suspense run has lost some of it's lustre lately as higher prices brought many copies to market (although I don't think they sell as well as they used to), but I still like 'em...this one is a toughie and I'm pretty happy to have one with a decent center cover image area.

suspense4.jpg

There are many cool Cole Captain Aero WWII covers (not to mention the 2 sci-fi covers), so I'm sure this won't be the last one you pick up! lol

The Suspense run has lost some of it's lustre lately as higher prices brought many copies to market (although I don't think they sell as well as they used to), but I still like 'em...this one is a toughie and I'm pretty happy to have one with a decent center cover image area.

suspense4.jpg

Oh, I'll be hunting for more...

But this one that you've got! (worship) LOVE IT! Haven't pulled the trigger on any Suspense issues... yet. I want to finish my contact run really. And well, if a few things fall in my lap along the way that's cool too!

suspense4.jpg

But this one that you've got! (worship) LOVE IT! Haven't pulled the trigger on any Suspense issues... yet. I want to finish my contact run really. And well, if a few things fall in my lap along the way that's cool too!

Lovely cover!

The color proof for that cover includes LB Cole's signature in the blocks on the lower right. It does not show up on the comic which cuts it off.

There are many cool Cole Captain Aero WWII covers (not to mention the 2 sci-fi covers), so I'm sure this won't be the last one you pick up!

Speaking of which.

CaptAero25.jpg

There are many cool Cole Captain Aero WWII covers (not to mention the 2 sci-fi covers), so I'm sure this won't be the last one you pick up!

Speaking of which.

CaptAero25.jpg

:o

You'll poke your eye out with those corners if you're not careful! lol

Lovely cover!

The color proof for that cover includes LB Cole's signature in the blocks on the lower right. It does not show up on the comic which cuts it off.

You're the guy who has that proof, right? I think I remember reading that story (probably in this thread somewhere). VERY COOL! :grin:

Lovely cover!

You're the guy who has that proof, right? I think I remember reading that story (probably in this thread somewhere). VERY COOL! :grin:

I don't have the proof. It was found by Phil Barnhardt who wrote an article or two on LB Cole for the Comic Book Marketplace. Phil is a Boardie but has not shown up in a while.

I've picked up a bunch of Cole books lately.

This one I may have overpaid for by a few $'s (not much) now completes my Outlaws run, and yes that includes the Western Crime Cases #9! One of my 1st complete Cole cover runs! I have MASK 1 & 2, but I think every other title I'm missing at least an issue or 2.

File4987.jpg

Also got this one in the mail today:

!CE1E7SQBWk~$(KGrHqIOKjgE0(2TnB-mBNTIYSu!B!~~_3.JPG

And this one for a great deal too!

120711cg04.jpg

I've picked up others, but these are the most recent.

Very nice! You don't see any of those all that often. (thumbs u

that's not Ronnie Reagan is it?

YUP - it is!

Ugh... just emailed the seller on this. I'm watching the NFL Playoffs and on the bds, and I just decided to transfer my purchases to new mylars. Turns out this book has a page that has 1/3 of it CUT OFF and the piece is still there! Then there's another page that has 2 mini ads exacto knifed out. I mean, I got it for the cover but it's NOT what I thought I was buying. From a reputable seller too. I'll see how that pans out.

On another note... my ALL -FAMOUS POLICE CASES has a spine split to the bottom staple, and that bottom corner was STUCK to the mylar it was in and not only came off but is STILL stuck in that mylar! so a VG / FN is now... what... VG-???

SUCK. :tonofbricks:

Edited by pmpknface