• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any further info on Daredevil Netflix show?
6 6

2,037 posts in this topic

Finally finished it yesterday.  The finale was sublime, definitely the best season yet.  Really loved how they finally made Vanessa complicit in Fisk's crimes like she was in the comics.  And wow, that actress Ayelet Zurer playing Vanessa, SMOKIN!  :luhv:

Ayelet-Zurer-young.jpg?fit=936,1261&ssl=

Edited by fantastic_four

On 1/3/2019 at 10:19 AM, Loki said:

I'm currently about halfway through the third / final season...  All I can say is "Wow, this is great".  Easily the best season in the series and the best of all the Marvel-Netflix shows.  I can't understand why they'd cancel a show this good.

I also can't understand how the same studio that produced this could also turn out carp like Iron Fist.  Seems like a massive range in quality...  :P

Yes, Daredevil season 3 was AWESOME! Best of the bunch!  Iron Fist was ok. I wish somebody else played him though. 

On 1/3/2019 at 11:19 AM, Loki said:

I'm currently about halfway through the third / final season...  All I can say is "Wow, this is great".  Easily the best season in the series and the best of all the Marvel-Netflix shows.  I can't understand why they'd cancel a show this good.

I also can't understand how the same studio that produced this could also turn out carp like Iron Fist.  Seems like a massive range in quality...  :P

I believe Netflix announced the cancellation because they're contract with Marvel is ending due to Disney starting up their own streaming service. I'm sure Daredevil will be back with a Season 4.

13 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Finally finished it yesterday.  The finale was sublime, definitely the best season yet.  Really loved how they finally made Vanessa complicit in Fisk's crimes like she was in the comics.  And wow, that actress Ayelet Zurer playing Vanessa, SMOKIN!  :luhv:

Ayelet-Zurer-young.jpg?fit=936,1261&ssl=

She is gorgeous & definitely Fisk's Achilles heel.

Some fans of the show pooled together funds to buy digital sign time at New York's Times Square to advertise #SaveDaredevil.

'The measure of a man is not how he gets knocked to the mat. It's how he gets back up. Let's save Daredevil!' :luhv:

daredevil01.thumb.PNG.0321ee231c7aa3d5b64c57e497299f24.PNG

daredevil02.thumb.PNG.64eef54bbe0fa8fdffb8912469a766d3.PNG

Finished all the seasons. Terrific. Enjoyed the Defenders. Did not think I would like Iron Fist, but am about 5 episodes in and despite the actor being a little annoying, still like it. Cool that the Rand HQ is in my office building. Am 2 episodes in on Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. My wife is actually willing to watch Jessica Jones despite hating the super hero genre because she is not all super heroey. Not sure yet if I am going to go in on the Punisher. Not that interested in the military back story, is that a chunk of the 1st season?

38 minutes ago, the blob said:

Finished all the seasons. Terrific. Enjoyed the Defenders. Did not think I would like Iron Fist, but am about 5 episodes in and despite the actor being a little annoying, still like it. Cool that the Rand HQ is in my office building. Am 2 episodes in on Luke Cage and Jessica Jones. My wife is actually willing to watch Jessica Jones despite hating the super hero genre because she is not all super heroey. Not sure yet if I am going to go in on the Punisher. Not that interested in the military back story, is that a chunk of the 1st season?

Yes, Daredevil was AWESOME!  I know a lot of people didn't like Iron Fist but I liked it. I just didn't like it as much as the others (Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Punisher, Defenders).  I wish somebody else played Iron Fist. 

The #SaveDaredevil movement now has an unexpected supporter in the form of Avengers star Tom Hiddleston. After a recent performance of Betrayal — a Broadway in which Hiddleston stars alongside Daredevil lead Charlie Cox — Hiddleston offered his support to some fans by encouraging the House of Ideas to continue on with the show by uttering the movement's simple-enough hashtag: "Save Daredevil."

The #SaveDaredevil movement stems from an online petition that ended up tallying hundreds of thousands of signatures before getting noticed (and supported) by virtually all Daredevil stars. As with most fans, the show's cast and crew were just as surprised by Netflix pulling the plug to the show. Immediately after the cancellation, series EP Sam Ernst took to Twitter to share his thoughts on the cancellation.

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

:whatthe: :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

:whatthe: :ph34r:

lol 

So tomorrow the rights of Daredevil revert to Marvel so they may create new live action media featuring the character.  However, and this is where those that are more in the know, know more than I would. I am going to already admit that I could be very wrong about this.

I am under the impression that since Netflix cast Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio, Netflix is responsible for creating their 'version' of Daredevil and for those characters to continue, as well as for those storylines to continue, Disney would have to pay Netflix a producer or development credit.  This is what happened when Disney received the rights to produce Spider-man on television.  While Sony retained the movie rights to the character, Disney gained back the television rights while Sony was in the middle of the Spectacular Spider-man series.  For Disney to pick the series up they would have had to continue paying Sony a fee for creating and developing that series.  Disney being Disney said screw that and developed their own series for Disney XD which debuted in 2012. 

Now, this is not like Deadpool where Disney outright purchased FOX.  So, technically I 'guess' they could hire Charlie Cox to play Daredevil again.  Connery played Bond outside of the Broccoli series.  But I do not think that Marvel could just pick up the directly storylines from Netflix. 

27 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

lol 

So tomorrow the rights of Daredevil revert to Marvel so they may create new live action media featuring the character.  However, and this is where those that are more in the know, know more than I would. I am going to already admit that I could be very wrong about this.

I am under the impression that since Netflix cast Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio, Netflix is responsible for creating their 'version' of Daredevil and for those characters to continue, as well as for those storylines to continue, Disney would have to pay Netflix a producer or development credit.  This is what happened when Disney received the rights to produce Spider-man on television.  While Sony retained the movie rights to the character, Disney gained back the television rights while Sony was in the middle of the Spectacular Spider-man series.  For Disney to pick the series up they would have had to continue paying Sony a fee for creating and developing that series.  Disney being Disney said screw that and developed their own series for Disney XD which debuted in 2012. 

Now, this is not like Deadpool where Disney outright purchased FOX.  So, technically I 'guess' they could hire Charlie Cox to play Daredevil again.  Connery played Bond outside of the Broccoli series.  But I do not think that Marvel could just pick up the directly storylines from Netflix. 

Someone even more in the know has been a long-time supporter of the show coming back in whole and also pushing to appear in Spider-Man 3.

:wishluck: