• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Japanese Manga Original Art - Where to buy?

3 posts in this topic

Happy holidays everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody knows how/where to look for for original art/sketches done by Japanese manga artists? I grew up reading comics and that eventually led me to check out japanese manga. It started with Dragon Ball and now I'm really into Naruto and Attack on Titan. I would love to own a piece from Akira Toriyama or Masashi Kishimoto. If anybody has any info on where to look/who to contact..it is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your guys time.

The only Japanese Manga artist that I know who is not part of a studio and generic names, but is a legendary icon is

Toshio Maeda

前田俊夫

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toshio_Maeda

A lot of his art is available on EBAY via auctions and listings from private collectors, since there's a lot art he's done for years and they've recently in the past few years entered the marketplace.

However, a lot are adult in nature, so you would have to search the "EVERYTHING ELSE" and "Adult Only"

There are currently 23 items (as of 12/16/13) in that section for Toshio Maeda, including original artwork, where in the mainstream general audiences section there are no original art pieces available for sale/purchase right now.