• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

The official studio synopsis from IMDB:

Biochemist Dr. Hank Pym uses his latest discovery, a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-altering formula. Though his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument that helps him communicate with and control insects.

The official studio synopsis from IMDB:

Biochemist Dr. Hank Pym uses his latest discovery, a group of subatomic particles, to create a size-altering formula. Though his first self-test goes awry, he develops an instrument that helps him communicate with and control insects.

Ah-ha

Well that'll do it!

I will not see it. They ruined it. A comedian as the star? Not sure what is worst, Wonder Woman choice or this? I'm thinking I like Ben A more now as Batman! It is like placing Denise Richards as a scientist in the James Bond movie. It not even believable. Marvel doing what DC had done w/ Green Lantern. Great superhero and weak casting.

I will not see it. They ruined it. A comedian as the star? Not sure what is worst, Wonder Woman choice or this? I'm thinking I like Ben A more now as Batman! It is like placing Denise Richards as a scientist in the James Bond movie. It not even believable. Marvel doing what DC had done w/ Green Lantern. Great superhero and weak casting.

You familiar with Tom Hanks career? Michael Keaton's?

He isn't a comedian.

I don't understand your anger about this one. Did Paul Rudd beat up someone in your family?

Did Paul Rudd beat up someone in your family?

:roflmao:

I really think this can be good. He's a good actor.

Michael Keaton was the laughing stock of Hollywood when his announcement for Batman came along.

Jack Nicholas was smart to arrange his deal on that move as a percentage of the take. Very smart man.

I really think this can be good. He's a good actor.

Michael Keaton was the laughing stock of Hollywood when his announcement for Batman came along.

Jack Nicholas was smart to arrange his deal on that move as a percentage of the take. Very smart man.

And let's not forget Ant-Man is no Batman. The studio is gonna have to use comedy relief to streamline this for general audiences, if they want to make $$. I just hope it's not too Disneyfied.

Is he the guy who brings presents to all the good children on the 25th of this month?

Peace,

Chip

No, he's the Golden Bear. Best golfer of all time.

Is he the guy who brings presents to all the good children on the 25th of this month?

Peace,

Chip

:roflmao: +1, you beat me to it

Peace,

Chip

:roflmao: +1, you beat me to it

I thought the same thing. :shy:

Sounds like Marvel wants to keep its winning formula of action and humor with as many talented leads as they can find. Rudd's a solid actor, can be very funny at times, and should embody the "mix" Marvel's looking for quite easily.

I think it's a fine choice if the -script is strong.

Dan

Yeah, they did a stellar job with the Mandarin in IM3.

a resurrected Laurence Olivier couldn't have saved that krapfest. Rudd should be fine assuming Edgar Wright is allowed to do his thing. i still would've preferred Simon Pegg.