• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

I think Paul Rudd has the ability to be funny, but in no way would I consider him a comedian. I think he is a cool choice for the role. Lets face it of all the superhero's you could bring to the screen ant man better have a little light hearted humor he's not exactly your typical badass superhero

I think Paul Rudd has the ability to be funny, but in no way would I consider him a comedian. I think he is a cool choice for the role. Lets face it of all the superhero's you could bring to the screen ant man better have a little light hearted humor he's not exactly your typical badass superhero

I loved Ant Man as a kid..... and I agree with you. A little of humor AND drama is needed. One of my favorite comics of all starred him..... Avengers 93 :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I loved Ant Man as a kid..... and I agree with you. A little of humor AND drama is needed. One of my favorite comics of all starred him..... Avengers 93 :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The Ultimates issue where he beats the out of the Wasp was pretty awesome too.

I hope it's based off Eric ogrady in irredeemable ant man. I know most here don't read moderns, but that book was great! If its hank pym, yaawn

It's been confirmed as Hank Pym for months.

I hope it's based off Eric ogrady in irredeemable ant man. I know most here don't read moderns, but that book was great! If its hank pym, yaawn

This is not True. All we know it's a heist movie meaning odds are its Lang.

Edited by catch21

No, it's been confirmed as Pym for months. If you really don't believe me then I'll dig out links confirming it.

No, it's been confirmed as Pym for months. If you really don't believe me then I'll dig out links confirming it.

dig em out

dig em out

This article was from August. (thumbs u

http://www.newsarama.com/18724-edgar-wright-loves-that-no-one-knows-ant-man-talks-ultron.html

dig em out

This article was from August. (thumbs u

http://www.newsarama.com/18724-edgar-wright-loves-that-no-one-knows-ant-man-talks-ultron.html

I read the article, there is no confirmation from Edgar.

"For the one percent of people who are like, 'Wait, Hank Pym would never do that!' there's 99 percent going, 'Who's Hank Pym?'" That's what Wright had to say about his level of freedom while making the movie, thanks to using a "lesser-known character." It also confirms that yes, this is Hank Pym in his Ant-Man movie, and not one of the other heroes to wear the mantle like Scott Lang or Eric O'Grady."

The confirmation is from the writer of the article not Edgar based upon someone else asking about the popularity of Hank Pym.

Edited by catch21

Here's an article that came out after November 2013

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/8579-exclusive-edgar-wright-on-marvels-ant-man-movie

Wright also hinted at the stories which may have influenced his -script: "I had two issues as a kid, one of them was a reprint of ‘Tales to Astonish 27’ featuring ‘The Man in the Ant-Hill’. So I had a copy of that, and then later I had ‘Marvel Premiere 47’ which was the first appearance of Scott Lang. So it was funny that I had both those issues, and I particularly thought ‘The Man in the Ant-Hill’ was something extremely odd and cool and it almost had a horror movie feel to it."

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines/8579-exclusive-edgar-wright-on-marvels-ant-man-movie

Wright also hinted at the stories which may have influenced his -script: "I had two issues as a kid, one of them was a reprint of ‘Tales to Astonish 27’ featuring ‘The Man in the Ant-Hill’. So I had a copy of that, and then later I had ‘Marvel Premiere 47’ which was the first appearance of Scott Lang. So it was funny that I had both those issues, and I particularly thought ‘The Man in the Ant-Hill’ was something extremely odd and cool and it almost had a horror movie feel to it."

That doesn't even say that Scott Lang will be in the film. (shrug)

The link I provided, if not providing a definite confirmation from Wright himself, would've meant that he was deliberately trying to mislead people into believing that Pym will be Ant Man.

IMDb have Rudd listed as Hank Pym/Ant Man. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/

That doesn't even say that Scott Lang will be in the film. (shrug)

The link I provided, if not providing a definite confirmation from Wright himself, would've meant that he was deliberately trying to mislead people into believing that Pym will be Ant Man.

IMDb have Rudd listed as Hank Pym/Ant Man. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478970/

Imdb has been wrong before.

I don't disagree Hank Pym could be in the movie. All that's confirmed so far is that its a Heist movie.

Well, Wright has confirmed that Hank Pym is in the movie and the first article that I quoted had Wright making it appear that he would be Ant Man. It looks like there isn't definite confirmation from Wright that Pym will be Ant Man or that there won't be two Ant Men, eg Pym and Lang.