• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Rudd is Ant-Man
1 1

1,296 posts in this topic

Have we decided if this film was a hit or not yet?

Did you like it? How was Rudd? I still haven't seen it.

Yes. Great. You should.

How about your non-nerd friends, family, & colleagues? How did they react, if at all?

My wife really enjoyed it.

+ 1 & kids....

It came out on iTunes the other day & I had a chance to watch it again this evening. It's even better the 2nd time around. It's just as charming but you catch a lot more stuff & appreciate it even more, I think. It's a very well-done movie.

I finally watched it tonight. I liked it, even though I own it, I don't really see the need to watch it again for a while. It just feels like one of those movies that might lose a little bit of it's magic everytime you watch it (Captain America: The First Avenger, X-Men: Days Future Past). The final fight between Yellowjacket and himself on the train track was cute, but I'm afraid the next time I watch it, the scene will lose it's novelty.

Just watched this on Blu Ray in 3-D

Very fun, and probably my 2nd favorite marvel movie ( GOTG #1 )

Yellow jacket looked awesome.

I wasn't even going to watch this,but got a deal on the steelbook on Black Friday.

Saw this recently and loved this film. A nice change from the average superhero film. Even the CGI was so well done, it blended in perfect with the story.

Visual effects and feature animation studio, Cinesite, has released a new video showcasing the digital work their team of artists created for the Ant-Man-Yellowjacket fight by the swimming pool.

I finally watched it tonight. I liked it, even though I own it, I don't really see the need to watch it again for a while. It just feels like one of those movies that might lose a little bit of it's magic everytime you watch it (Captain America: The First Avenger, X-Men: Days Future Past). The final fight between Yellowjacket and himself on the train track was cute, but I'm afraid the next time I watch it, the scene will lose it's novelty.

+1

I finally got around to watching Ant-Man with my family last night. My son liked it, but not as much as the other Marvel movies, my wife and I were neutral - it is okay but could have used a better cast - and my daughter left halfway through as she was bored with it. lol

Maybe it is just me, but I did not like Paul Rudd at all as a leading actor - he is a support actor that can't carry a lead role which is what you need for a second tier character. They needed someone more like Chris Pratt in GotG if they are casting a second tier property with a less well known actor.

Maybe it is just me, but I did not like Paul Rudd at all as a leading actor - he is a support actor that can't carry a lead role which is what you need for a second tier character. They needed someone more like Chris Pratt in GotG if they are casting a second tier property with a less well known actor.

Paul Rudd isn't well known? Must be a Canada thing (shrug)

Here in the whale's *spoon* we all know him.

Same over here :shrug: Though I think it's the younger (under 40) crowd that know him best over here.

Same over here :shrug: Though I think it's the younger (under 40) crowd that know him best over here.

Even by the time he starred in The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005), Paul Rudd was already famous. I'd be surprised if the average cinema patron didn't at least recognize his face.

Rudd has been primarily a supporting role actor and trying to cast him as a the lead did not work for me. Maybe it was due to the fact that the last movie I saw him in was "This is 40" where he was a pathetic 40 year old male that is the issue. lol

Neither one of my kids want to watch it again which is a first for them with the Marvel films. Their reaction to it is similar to the reaction they had with Green Lantern. lol

Rudd has been primarily a supporting role actor and trying to cast him as a the lead did not work for me. Maybe it was due to the fact that the last movie I saw him in was "This is 40" where he was a pathetic 40 year old male that is the issue. lol

Neither one of my kids want to watch it again which is a first for them with the Marvel films. Their reaction to it is similar to the reaction they had with Green Lantern. lol

You shouldn't have let your kids watch Green Lantern. Blake Lively's acting was too obscenely awful for your younger viewers.

Edgar Wright Refuses To Watch Marvel's Ant-Man

Wright is currently doing press rounds for his hotly anticipated film Baby Driver, and Uproxx was able to ask the director about his Ant-Man split. It was during the interview where Wright admitted he hasn’t seen anything for Ant-Man, not even the trailer.

“I haven’t seen it and I haven’t even seen the trailer,” Wright said. “The closest I came to it was that somebody sitting near me on a flight was watching it. And when I saw that the person sitting next to me was going to watch the movie, I thought, hmm, maybe I’m going to do some work on my laptop.”

Ultimately, Peyton Reed was brought on to complete Ant-Man. Wright says he has had no communications with his successor since his exit. “I have not spoke to him at all,” Wright admitted. “I think the last communication I had with him is I said, “Please don’t just use my storyboards,” and then I’ve never spoken to him anymore ever since.”

:frown:

What a shame to have such a fracture between creative parties.