• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World of Witchblade and Darkness Part 4: A Birthday Celebration!

1 post in this topic

AKA: Which Witch is the Witch?

My apologies to 109... for I believe I may have inadvertently lifted the name of my last few journals from your award winning collection of Witchblade. I honestly thought I was pirating the name from World of Warcraft, Blizzard's famous RPG, but this morning I paroused through your set and discovered your collection was aptly named World of Witchblade. BTW, your set is very, very cool. I tip my hat to you for the fine collection you have put together.

Speaking of which (or witch), here's one (or three) you may find of interest, it's the 100th issue celebration of Witchblade.

Mike Choi provides the interior artwork, and the artist was gracious enough to sign my three copies at NYComicCon on October 11th.

My chief regret was not getting Marc Silvestri's autograph on them, but how could I impress Mr. Silvestri to sign these three when he had already signed a total of 12 comics (as seen in the earlier journals).

Anyway... I had purchased these three raw from Lone Star/MyComicShop and they have come back 9.8, 9.6, and 9.4 respectively. You'll notice these are three variants from a set of five.

Marc Silvestri provides the cover illustration depicting Sara Pezzini holding up a birthday cake. Mike Choi signed his name across it.

The second cover is illustrated by Joseph Michael-Linsner and the third by Gonzo Digimation (the Japanese filmakers of the Witchblade animated series).

This issue is not only a milestone but it is also a key, since it heralds the temporary hiatus of Sara Pezzini as the bearer of the Witchblade, and the introduction of a new bearer, the beautiful Danielle Baptiste. Why that bit of Witchblade history is omitted in the key comments, once again baffles me. Great job CGC! To show my appreciation, I'll take this quote from the immortal Jim Carrey classic, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective:

"That's what turns me on about 'cha, your attention to detail."

Anyway... thanks for reading, and as always...

Happy Collecting!

SW3D

http://www.collectors-society.com/JournalDetail.aspx?JournalEntryID=14896