• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Foom 2 a Prototype for Wolverine?

Is Foom 2 a Wolverine Prototype?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Is Foom 2 a Wolverine Prototype?

410 posts in this topic

This thread is full of compelling arguments against.

Foom 2 did use the name Wolverine as a concept for a new character in a Marvel publication, before his first appearance. So why would it not be a proto type for that character. :popcorn:

Disclosure.

And I am not hoarding Foom 2 in hopes of selling them. I have one copy of it in my Foom set....that I will keep. :sumo:

Wolverine prototype? Looks more like a prototype for Machine Man visually. If all it takes is using the name Wolverine, there is a treasure trove of prototypes in the comics world that haven't been discussed yet.

:roflmao:

:eyeroll:

:facepalm:

Looks more like a prototype for Machine Man visually.

Yes. Also some similarity to an earlier character, the Rigellian Recorder.

zzz Couldn't see that link making an appearance. Again. (thumbs u

A Water Cooler favourite.

There must be loads of Jesus on Toast threads in the WC :grin:

Actually, I made a mistake. Wikipedia defines Apohenia as "unmotivated seeing of connections".

There is a clear motivation on some people to see this connection:

It´s Green

It´s not the Hulk on the Cover

acb.jpg

Looking at the Wiki entry...

'Apophenia /æpɵˈfiːniə/ is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.'

I wouldn't call the drawing in Foom 2 random or meaningless, I'm not that harsh, but maybe a bit trivial and generic at best. :)

Looking at the Wiki entry...

'Apophenia /æpɵˈfiːniə/ is the experience of seeing patterns or connections in random or meaningless data.'

I wouldn't call the drawing in Foom 2 random or meaningless, I'm not that harsh, but maybe a bit trivial and generic at best. :)

That´s because you´re experiencing apophenia. :D

Anyway, what do I know? Whatever makes people happy. (thumbs u