• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your collecting goals for 2014?

148 posts in this topic

Yup, I've had that same goal the last several years. No specific wants...I just know it when I see it.

It goes along with the "draft the best available talent, rather than draft for need" baseball analogy I used in the other thread.

Once I've gotten these last few specific wants, I hope to join you and Scott in the "Moneyball" collecting camp. :whee:

For 2014, I'm finally ready to acquire a decent Spidey piece (Romita, Ditko), something by Frank Brunner (Red Sonja, Dr. Strange), maybe Art Adams. A cool Star Wars piece. Anyone know who owns the cover art to the Marvel Inc. 1991 Annual Report (#1)...a personal grail?

While reluctant to sell before, I want to be more disciplined, ie, let 1 piece go for every 3-4 acquired to keep my collection manageable. Having enjoyed getting to know a few NYC collectors this past year, I'd like to connect with more Chicago folks in 2014. :wishluck:

Happy Holidays!

I'll be happy to help keep your collection tamed. Just let me know when you want to sell that Swampy page :)

Having landed a grail cover in 2013, i'll be happy with some modest purchases in 2014. I'd like to finally take care of the GI Joe #75 pages i've had waiting with a friend and make some progress towards putting that book together. I would love to land the cover to the Thing #8 and other than that, just pick up a few odds and sods until money picks up again.

Dispose small pieces, get bigger pieces.

Looking for:

Maguire JL run

more Byrne Superman

Perez Wonder Woman

and if reasonably priced and good examples of the following become available, the I'll get Aparo, Infantino, Breyfogle.

Probably sell-off a few more high-end pieces to fund some (non-OA) projects that will be of benefit to my family (it's more about lifestyle choice with me, nowadays).

I'll still be collecting artwork, but nothing ridiculously priced.

Looking towards adding some more Kev Walker Magic the Gathering paintings to my collection:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=140935

I'm not big on superheroes, leaning more towards Science-Fiction, Horror and Fantasy, so these are right up my street (and the work's relatively affordable).

Maybe some more Matanias:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=122737

. . . and some Richard Sala:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=144780

these will be my goals for 20141:

1). Killing Joke Page

2) Miller Daredevil page

3) Byrne Xmen page

Wow that's a long time off. Is that how long it will take you to save up for the Killing Joke page?

:signfunny:

these will be my goals for 20141:

1). Killing Joke Page

2) Miller Daredevil page

3) Byrne Xmen page

Wow that's a long time off. Is that how long it will take you to save up for the Killing Joke page?

With the inquiries I've made so far, I may me a tad optimistic I will be able to afford one by 20141!!!

Ha! Always liked thing 8 :)

You may like Thing 8 but I Heard you love Giant Size Man Thing.

meh That joke is 35 yrs old. Is that the best ya got? :baiting:

I'm only 30 plus I'm pretty sure you made a Giant Size Man Thing joke in the past month.