• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Well we cracked Jonah hex and now its time to come for elektra. 11% SMH. I'm glad to see that reviewers aren't holding anything back just because of the Marvel stinger.

WOW! Really fox?

3. Wring My Bell, B. My Jordan

As expected, Jamie Bell is nothing like any Ben Grimm I grew up reading, and the fact that his abusive brother says "It's clobberin' time!" while beating him up puts an unnecessarily dark spin on a fun catchphrase.Once he's the Thing, however, he starts trying to do that whispery-raspy thing that Michael Chiklis did so effortlessly in the prior films, and it's passable, if weirdly detached-sounding.

Meanwhile, simply by virtue of being able to act laid-back at times, Michael B. Jordan is the only member of the team to resemble a normal human being. Seriously, if it weren't for the scene where he borrows the family car for a race and trashes it, these would be the most humorless, un-fun rebellious teens in the history of fiction.

:facepalm:

Yea.... I was waiting for that to come out....

So, is this true too?

5. And That's Why There Are No Girls in Space.

It's pretty key to the Fantastic Four's origin that all four of them travel to either space or another dimension, and gain their powers from cosmic rays. Yet in this one, Sue doesn't even get to go. She just somehow gets powers anyway, even though she never touches the neon green lava in the other dimension that seems to be the source of the mutation in everyone else.

Now, can we talk about the fact that a high-priority top-secret project is so poorly guarded that the night before NASA are set to become involved, Johnny, Ben, Reed and Victor can just chug some beers, put on spacesuits, and just walk right into the capsule and launch it? I realize that this is somewhat true to their classic origin, but since so much else isn't, why leave that in there?

Oh, and when they come back without Victor, whom they presumed to be dead in the Negative Zone (or whatever they never call the other planet), how are they even allowed to stay on the project? In what other job do you get to drive the boss' new vehicle drunk and accidentally kill your coworker without being fired?

This is a nightmare outcome because Fox executives will most likely blame this on Trank and forge ahead with another film. Really the problem is with them, but they don't know it. They have no idea why this property they own has value, they just know that it does. Since Fox lacks any vision, they have to rely on a director having it. They brought in Mark Millar to help provide that vision, but there's only so much a "creative consultant" can do to mold a product. Ultimately it was still the studio and Trank guiding things and not Millar, and they proved together they can't do mess.

Supposedly they've reached out to Bryan Singer to save their for the next planned film. God, I hope he says no and Fox is forced to outsource this in part or full to Marvel Studios. :wishluck:

You're being a hypocrite here. How can you tell me in the last statement, to essentially STOP stating my opinion's and then tell me in the next that it's ME trying to force everyone to have the same view?

Just because I'm GOOD at stating my opinion or GREAT at backing up information with facts or CLEVER at making it humorous in a way that some people enjoy reading (thanks to everyone for all the PM's telling me how much they enjoy my rants), it DOES NOT mean I'm trying to CHANGE anyone's view or force them to have the same as me.

Chuck, are you being serious here? Plenty of people post their views on a movie, with plenty of facts and research to share. I don't think they need to pat themselves on the back by showing how STRONG and THOROUGH their research and analysis abilities are.

It's okay to have a differing opinion. But if all you want to do is paint a negative picture for whatever reason, it is going to come across as distracting after a while. If there is a bar or restaurant you frequented previously that in the end was a bad experience, do you go back repeatedly and yell out "I HATE THIS PLACE! And you all should know that' repeatedly? And at least in that case, it would be because you WENT to those places. Not because you listened to others.

And if you have people sending you 'PM's of support' over a movie thread - great. Sounds like a really serious topic that required that encouragement and support. Or not.

5-head-bounces-off-jose-cansecos-head-for-home-run.gif

:foryou::baiting:

Completely missed the point. Or rather distracted away from it.

You want the negativity to stop. And then you say it's forcing someone to change their views, when, making someone stop giving their opinion is forcing someone to change their views.

Whatever it is you're going to point at me, and claim about me and try and focus the post on me the rest the way through this; I want you to realize there are people here that are not that easily fooled and see very well exactly what you did there.

It's hypocritical.

Not saying you're a hypocrite, but THERE, you were being hypocritical.

Okay, go on with misrepresenting what I said....

Oh heaven's no.

Seriously could care less.

You must. You're spending all this time trying to prove your point everything you have to say is .

I enjoy the process of communication through the written word. I care about what I SPEAK of.

But in the true sense twisting things and making this about 'me' you've misrepresented what I said.

"CHANGE anyone's view or force them to have the same as me.

Oh heaven's no.

Seriously could care less."

You changed the context.... why? Was that on purpose? To manipulate those reading this?

I've told no one here they're wrong for liking the trailers or that they shouldn't go see the movie. Knock yourself out. Different people enjoy different things. Some people LIKED Amazing Spider-man and Andrew Garfield and his hair and whatever. Right on. I DIDN'T. That's just opinion. Doesn't make ME right or them right, it's just opinion, and I have no problem with anyone having their own opinion. (Now if someone gets FATCS wrong, that's a different story.)

You're being more of a hypocrite than you realize, Chuck. But if this is how you want to burn up digits on a chat board, no worries. .

How is that? You're going to make this statement and not explain it?

Misrepresentative. Manipulation.

Really Nick, this is no way to carry on a conversation.

You are doing in this thread what you did with Amazing Spider-Man 2. .

And what is that? Sharing my opinion? One you don't agree with?

Is that wrong? Am I not allowed to have a differing opinion?

But in the case of the latter movie, at least you SAW the movie once you took a hard stance against it. You have not even watched the Fantastic Four movie yet. But because of all the rumors and 'details' shared on the internet, it must be a failure.

Right. And that's what I've commented on. How is that wrong? Because you don't agree?

And once you were against the ASM2 movie, any time ComicConnoisseur posted about the movie, you made sure to pounce on any positives he had to share about the film. And that carried on for quite a long while. I'm not the only one that took notice, but avoided the conversations. I didn't want to get in the middle of the posts that were being made. .

Y'know, I gotta hand it to Mac (ComicConnoisseur ), he is one good natured son of gun.. I have pummeled some of his silly posts over the years and yet he keeps a stiff upper lip and doesn't let it bother him all that much. I like that guy. We send a Merry Christmas PM to each every year, and I've even agreed with him on a topic once or twice. One of these days I'm gonna get up to that Boston show and buy him a beer or two and shake his hand.

Sounds like a good plan. Just pm me a week before the next Boston con you go to.

Will get something to eat, maybe clam chowder or Boston baked beans to go with the brews!

(thumbs u

This is getting into the territory of the reviews are so universally awful, it must be seen to be a witness to its failure.

I had planned to see it for this reason, but after reading many of the reviews I've pretty much been talked out of that. I'll wait for Netflix.

This is a nightmare outcome because Fox executives will most likely blame this on Trank and forge ahead with another film.

Doubt that's the case - all the suits care about is $ and the stink of this one may taint them into working something out with Marvel.

This is a nightmare outcome because Fox executives will most likely blame this on Trank and forge ahead with another film.

Doubt that's the case - all the suits care about is $ and the stink of this one may taint them into working something out with Marvel.

Why does Marvel need the FF? Between the Avengers and the Inhumans they've got teams covered. What does the FF offer? Striking a deal for Spidey makes obvious sense, but I'm not sure the FF does outside of pure fanboy desire to see them in the MCU.