• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four from Fox Studios (8/7/15)
1 1

3,245 posts in this topic

Going back to Disney ?

Not for a decade unless Marvel makes a deal to get them back.

And Marvel missed their window to make a deal when they rubber stamped Fox's X-Men tv shows without getting anything big back in return.

You never know - the two could have something bigger in the works hm

Possibly a three way crossover deal? Sucked into The Microverse! Psycho Man with The Micronauts and the rescue of The Wasp! Mega blockbuster! :banana:

And why do they keep making him do something with electricity in all these movies?

That's right out of the comics, although they do tend to overplay it in the films. I assume electricity has always been one of his weapons because electricity itself is one of the most powerful natural forces and controlling it is one of science's greatest achievements, so it fits with a character that's part scientist, part sorcerer.

My understanding of his control of electricity has to do with his armor, not as a power. He's a sorcerer but also a crazy mad scientist. I mean that they keep giving him electric powers & not a suit that controls electricity. Granted, I may be wrong that it's like 90% suit for his power over electricity, but I was pretty sure that was the case.

Yea, it's the suit in the comics and he has no powers apart from sorcery. Most authors and artists don't even show him using sorcery, but sometimes they do. All of the modern incarnations show him as gaining powers along with the FF starting with Ultimate FF and including both films.

Not sure when the sorcery elements started because I so rarely see him using them. Was he a sorcerer in any of the Lee/Kirby stories? I don't remember any where he was. (shrug) I do remember him using tons of gadgets he invented though...I thought that Lee wanted him to be a pure mad inventor.

the stuff you've written was my understanding as well.

The only 'sorcery' Doom ever used to my knowledge was when he stole the Surfer's powers in the mid 1960's and then he lost them again.

I agree, it was mostly the suit and his intellect. Almost like a bad Tony Stark.

And why do they keep making him do something with electricity in all these movies?

That's right out of the comics, although they do tend to overplay it in the films. I assume electricity has always been one of his weapons because electricity itself is one of the most powerful natural forces and controlling it is one of science's greatest achievements, so it fits with a character that's part scientist, part sorcerer.

My understanding of his control of electricity has to do with his armor, not as a power. He's a sorcerer but also a crazy mad scientist. I mean that they keep giving him electric powers & not a suit that controls electricity. Granted, I may be wrong that it's like 90% suit for his power over electricity, but I was pretty sure that was the case.

Yea, it's the suit in the comics and he has no powers apart from sorcery. Most authors and artists don't even show him using sorcery, but sometimes they do. All of the modern incarnations show him as gaining powers along with the FF starting with Ultimate FF and including both films.

Not sure when the sorcery elements started because I so rarely see him using them. Was he a sorcerer in any of the Lee/Kirby stories? I don't remember any where he was. (shrug) I do remember him using tons of gadgets he invented though...I thought that Lee wanted him to be a pure mad inventor.

the stuff you've written was my understanding as well.

The only 'sorcery' Doom ever used to my knowledge was when he stole the Surfer's powers in the mid 1960's and then he lost them again.

I agree, it was mostly the suit and his intellect. Almost like a bad Tony Stark.

He didn't use sorcery to steal the Surfer's powers though (FF#57-60). He used some gadget he made to absorb the energy and transfer it to himself.

DoomPowerCosmic0157.jpg

He didn't use sorcery to steal the Surfer's powers though (FF#57-60). He used some gadget he made to absorb the energy and transfer it to himself.

I know. I meant that the only time he had any powers outside of his suit that were like 'sorcery' were when he had stolen the Surfer's powers - and I realize they were cosmic in nature. That's why I put the word sorcery in quotes. ;)

Other than that, he was just a super genius who was driven to rule the world - with a cool suit.

Announced days ago. You guys have been slacking! :whistle:

Slow night last night so I rented this...

Not as bad as I expected, but it was just... boring. I think that's probably as good a description as any. It was more what I would have expected from a 2-hour made-for-TV movie introducing a new TV series rather than a feature film.

the first part of the movie has a SCI-Fi horror feel to it. Then...yeah, nothing happens.

:cry:

The potential Fox threw away after two years of work. I may watch it someday. But I hate that it was so mishandled.

the first part of the movie has a SCI-Fi horror feel to it. Then...yeah, nothing happens.

:cry:

The potential Fox threw away after two years of work. I may watch it someday. But I hate that it was so mishandled.

the worst part of the film is Doctor Doom- extremely bad.

Target has these cranked down really low compared to other stores and they are still not selling (same with Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials). The only new ones moving this week seem to be Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and Ted 2 (might pick up Ted 2 Saturday).

The toxic buzz over this movie was bad (mostly the reviews), I passed on it and picked up MI:5 and My Girl lol instead. Might grab the DVD in a Walmart $3.74 bin to fill out my comic movie section someday (I'll go $5 for The Scorch Trials). hm

I saw it on a plane ride a few days ago. Nowhere near as bad as it was made to be. Clearly some editing/reshoots changed the original direction. Not terrible, not great. 2 stars out of 4
Thanks for the honest review. (thumbs u

My favorite movie critic (Peter Travers) killed it, giving it zero stars, so I was a bit more worried when the buzz on here panned it also.