• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE 2014 SKETCH COVER SUPER/MEGA THREAD

1,468 posts in this topic

two new ones from Paul Pelletier

Batman (for boardie DrewCollins)

zOOHXz1l.jpg

Omega Red (which Paul was clueless on who he was, ha)

rbfQi0Fl.jpg

And more from local hopeful Jamie Jones

https://www.facebook.com/artofjamiejones

Message me if interested in a commission, hoping to set up an opp if people like his work. He is cheap and fast.

cM9TrWil.jpg

8ZICYSml.jpg

VeigSQhl.jpg

And last one from a friend, Nathan Elkins, inked by Tony Kordos

X3NDLkel.jpg

It is technically a "sketch" by Mark Texeira. It looks like Wolverine with a bad boob job. Maybe that's the reason he is angry?

12404071623_c66a9ff3dd_c.jpg[/url]

Carnage, after McFarlane, by Adelso Corona at NOLA

12404072183_a7674face3_c.jpg[/url]

the "real" Angela by Buzz at NOLA forgot to bring my Image United blanks so sup spidey team-up seems appropriate

12404373354_0367c80edc_c.jpg[/url]

Wolverine by Mark Texeira at NOLA

12404373684_53c525ebe5_c.jpg[/url]

Psylocke by Buzz at NOLA

12404073303_d769289600_c.jpg[/url]

Iron Man by Bob Layton (what a guy) at NOLA

12404073763_bf6d683e45_c.jpg[/url]

Var machin' by Bob Layton at NOLA

12404374334_1ccecded39_c.jpg[/url]

Thanks to DScott for this opp!

Black Cat by Dawn McTeigue at Wizard World NOLA

12DC90C5-600D-4BD3-9600-28EB8D3263D0_zpsx4rvwifq.jpg

Awesome sketch. Thought it'd be a boardie when she posted it on FB. Really stoked to see mine, I have no clue as to what I'm getting. Gave a few choices and am waiting to see.

Huge Thanks to boardie Torrey for helping me get this Grail sketched Jason Fabok and also signed by writer John Layman

Always been a fan of Fabok's Batman so I was definitely excited to get this.

Also according to Fabok's blog he used the sketch cover as a prelim or somewhat inspiration for Batman Eternal #1 (his new project after leaving Detective Comics) ...which makes the whole thing so much cooler!

10/10/13 Fabok's Blog

"When they approched me about doing a promo piece, they wanted a big epic Batman drawing, something that looked classic and bold but also showcased what is to come. I had been working on a sketch cover when they presented this to me, and I liked what I had on the sketch enough to use it as a base for this layout."

http://www.jasonfabok.blogspot.com/

image_zpsc6ea7f1c.jpg

batman__eternal__1_by_jayfabs-d6pynyw_zps46b506d5.jpg

Huge Thanks to boardie Torrey for helping me get this Grail sketched Jason Fabok and also signed by writer John Layman

Always been a fan of Fabok's Batman so I was definitely excited to get this.

Also according to Fabok's blog he used the sketch cover as a prelim or somewhat inspiration for Batman Eternal #1 (his new project after leaving Detective Comics) ...which makes the whole thing so much cooler!

10/10/13 Fabok's Blog

"When they approched me about doing a promo piece, they wanted a big epic Batman drawing, something that looked classic and bold but also showcased what is to come. I had been working on a sketch cover when they presented this to me, and I liked what I had on the sketch enough to use it as a base for this layout."

http://www.jasonfabok.blogspot.com/

image_zpsc6ea7f1c.jpg

batman__eternal__1_by_jayfabs-d6pynyw_zps46b506d5.jpg

Lucky you Maddogz. I contacted Jason about commissioning him to do a sketch cover and his schedule is too busy right now.