• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

indeed it is nice, espescially now that we know Bob has seen ever single page. I'd ask what someone thinks it will fetch but I don't feel like getting jumped all over. Besides I have to leave to go see Daniel Lanois' new band.

No drinking, dude. :jokealert:

24 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

No drinking, dude. :jokealert:

look i apologize if I'm incorrect in that you were lecturing me about what makes a "true collector."

You quoted me so what was I to think? If I remember correctly and usually don't because of the bottles of Everclear and Moonshine I consume on a minute by minute basis you offered to sell me one of your AF15s, a book I can't stand and is sure to become a "non-wall" book and worthless, and when I wanted a higher grade than yours you pointed me in some good directions (Gator, Barry Sandaval, and Mr. Bedrock and Bob, all big helps) 

I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Sorry. If you didn't offer to sell me one of your sh*tty AF15s then I take back my apology. You're the guy with three AF15s, right? No maybe that was Spider Turtule. Who's got the 3 7.0s, one from a kid in a car wreak. Wish I could remember. Delirium Tremens bad tonight.

Edited by NoMan

1 minute ago, NoMan said:

look i apologize if I'm incorrect in that you were lecturing me about what makes a "true collector."

You quoted me so what was I to think? If I remember correctly and usually don't because of the bottles of Everclear and Moonshine I consume on a minute by minute basis you offered to sell me one of your AF15s, a book a can't stand and is sure to become a "non-wall" book, and you pointed me in some good directions so I should have given you the benefit of the doubt. Sorry.

It's all good. I was trying to steer in the direction of all the "good" in the book. Your post happened to be the last one before my post. Don't take it personal. It's the holidays! (thumbsu

8 minutes ago, peewee22 said:

It's all good. I was trying to steer in the direction of all the "good" in the book. Your post happened to be the last one before my post. Don't take it personal. It's the holidays! (thumbsu

Holidays - more time for Mexican Black Tar Heroin and hating AF15s. Sh*t, even Ditko didn't like it..

Edited by NoMan

On 11/27/2019 at 11:02 AM, peewee22 said:

I personally think it's one of the finest copies that has been on the Boards in awhile. Eye popping colors, ultra clean grays, premium quality PQ, etc. Bob's comments on the history makes it that much more special. I cannot even fathom what it will fetch. We can argue all day about what's wrong with it, what grade it shoulda coulda been, but it has achieved the Big 3 grade plateau (9.4, 9.6, 9.8). That's all that matters, really. 2c..

there is an AF 15 in 9.8 now?!  when did that happen?

45 minutes ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

can you please elaborate??

I hope the comic book market does not crash, as I would like to sell mine in 20 years and maybe make a buck or two. I've got some really pricey comics and some not so pricey. Ultimately I have no Idea what a 9.4 AF15 will sell for in the year 2035. I'd have to imagine that would have a lot to do with what's happening globally in the year 2035. How something is a "bulletproof" investment is beyond me.

delekkerste is a board member here who I only know of through reading his/her posts. He has interesting ideas (I think) about the comic market. I was attempting to get him over here to maybe get his opinion on the question you directed towards me. He has ( I think) the right idea that at some point these kinds of gaines (what a book is worth) can not continue. But what do I know? Not much.

My financial advisor said yes to me buying one really pricey book. He has said no all other times. I do what he says and my portfolio does very very well. I know he talks a lot in terms like "in the long run" and sticking with something for the "long term." Honestly I'm usually staring out the window as him and my wife talk. I'm keenly aware that comics can be enjoyed many ways, not just as an investment but since you're asking about what's something will/might be worth I'll keep answers along those lines.

Imagine putting a sign atop your house with it's worth on it as it changes daily. It would be maddening and crazy making as you pull out of the drive each morning and see it's worth 30 grand less than yesterday and so on. I think it's crazy making to keep such tabs on what AF15s are worth, unless of course that's your thingee then have at it. 

Anyways, where was I? Umm my wife happens to know the niece of a famous artist (now dead) and she wants some OA from her (him) so we'll see. It's actually a pretty funny situation. You do not tell my wife "no" but my financial guy said "no" to me buying some Dark Knight Returns OA, so let's see him say "no" to her.

Edited by NoMan

any collectible market can potentially crash.................you just have to take this possible risk if you are investing 

the comic market has not had a severe crash  in its history......................it has had periods of time when prices and demand were not rising..................you could say things were "in a recession"...................i remember such a time was the early to mid 80['s..................astute collectors like Dave Anderson were buying the Mile HIgh run of action comics 1-20 then

58 minutes ago, drdonaldblake1 said:

any collectible market can potentially crash.................you just have to take this possible risk if you are investing 

the comic market has not had a severe crash  in its history......................it has had periods of time when prices and demand were not rising..................you could say things were "in a recession"...................i remember such a time was the early to mid 80['s..................astute collectors like Dave Anderson were buying the Mile HIgh run of action comics 1-20 then

sounds as if you've answered your own question. So, as you asked, "16 years from 2019 is a 9.4 going to be 6x $454k?"

Edited by NoMan