• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

You have to remember, it's not just about the sub crease. It's also about the rest of the book.

A nearly imperceptible sub crease on an otherwise Mint book is a very different story than either a heavy sub crease or a crease on a lower grade book.

The Ohio pedigree had a lot of 'sub creases' on the early books because the owner used to fold the coming on the way home before he realized that it was better not to.

Edited by VintageComics

Definitely good to know.  Been a while back since we have brushed on with sub crease.  I used to think that if the book is practically mint, but has a sub crease going vertically down (top to bottom), it would automatically grade in the VG range.  Well, I can wipe that out of my memory bank now :grin:

4 hours ago, 427Impaler said:

Got a call from the LCS asking "would you be interested in a low grade AF 15?".  You can guess the answer.....

Just back from CGC:

IMG_0002.JPG

Congrats I dig Spidey's eyes!!

I haven't posted much lately in this thread.  Nice to see it is still going strong.  

Had a few moments and thought I would plot out the graded AF#15 distribution.  

Well, I guess I just plotted universal copies.

AF15_graded_copies.jpg

Edited by Spider-Variant

12 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

I haven't posted much lately in this thread.  Nice to see it is still going strong.  

Had a few moments and thought I would plot out the graded AF#15 distribution.  

Well, I guess I just plotted universal copies.

AF15_graded_copies.jpg

Big difference once you hit 6.0 and higher!!

4 minutes ago, gadzukes said:

This seems like a shocking price.  I guess nothing should shock me any more.

How do think this one compares, just curious (cuz it's mine).

P1100419.JPG

Very nice looking...to me it looks much better than the one selling at ComicConnect!! Plus I believe the one on ComicConnect has rust on the bottom staple.

Edited by SC22

One has to wonder how far of a lead will AF15 continue to make over Hulk 1 before Hulk 1 starts kicking back into gear. I use to compare them to AC1 and TEC27 but I am not so sure lately seems like AF15 just took off and left Hulk 1 behind (this will most likely change over time but for now it's getting to be a pretty wide gap especially in lower grades).

Edited by SC22

1 hour ago, gadzukes said:

How do think this one compares to the CC 4.0?, just curious (cuz it's mine).

P1100419.JPG

Weird stuff is happening over at cc.  Your copy beats easily beats that cc copy

Edited by Spiderturtle

2 hours ago, SC22 said:

I am surprised this AF5 CGC 4.5 with no marvel chipping has yet to sell.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/201860945307?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Im not, it doesnt fit into the "social media" approved theory I have. That cover wraps around pretty severely cutting off the logo. Again, front image eye appeal over all. 1 chip at most, well centered, decent colors, CGC blue label. You do that, you get insane prices PQ or back cover be damned. The 4.0 listed has a much higher value to this class of collector (opinion) thats driving these current sales.

38 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

Im not, it doesnt fit into the "social media" approved theory I have. That cover wraps around pretty severely cutting off the logo. Again, front image eye appeal over all. 1 chip at most, well centered, decent colors, CGC blue label. You do that, you get insane prices PQ or back cover be damned. The 4.0 listed has a much higher value to this class of collector (opinion) thats driving these current sales.

I see your point but at $30,500 that must be an all time high that blows away my mind.  (:

7 hours ago, SC22 said:
7 hours ago, gadzukes said:

How do think this one compares, just curious (cuz it's mine).

P1100419.JPG

Very nice looking...to me it looks much better than the one selling at ComicConnect!! Plus I believe the one on ComicConnect has rust on the bottom staple.

+1

Not too sure about the possible rust on the bottom staple, but your front cover definitely presents much nicer than the CGC 4.0 copy in the current CC auction.  (thumbsu

5 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Weird stuff is happening over at cc.  Your copy beats easily beats that cc copy

5 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Weird is right. I just looked at the prices on the 7.5, 6.5 and 4.0 and all seem to be on pace to set record prices in these grades. This train keeps on picking up steam.

I assume you must really be referring to weird stuff happening at CGC if you are talking about the grading, since CC is not involved with the grading process.

If you are referring to the high prices that CC is able to get on their auctions for nicely presenting copies of AF 15's, I don't believe weird is the correct term to be using.  I believe it's becoming quite apparent that CC is not only the clear market leader, but also the market maker when it comes to high in-demand books like AF 15's and the pre-Robin 'Tec books.  :gossip: