• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, piper said:

For the record, I'm not railing on you regarding your posts. If you want to keep us apprised of AF15 pricing developments, I'm good with that.

Thanks at least your OK and understanding where I have my fun here on this site.

5 hours ago, SC22 said:

Hey you guys like been married so enjoy it....when you know it's not for you why do it....it would be a huge mistake and a waste of time and yes a lot of money. I don't want kids and I don't want to be in a relationship I am more than fine with those 2 things....actually way past fine!! But hey whatever rocks your boat....hey for most people that is what life is about....but for some it's not.

Wow. No words. But hey you want the single life, that's fine. Just don't berate those that chose otherwise.

Edited by Gotham Kid

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Wow. No words. But hey you want the single life, that's fine. Just don't berate those that chose otherwise.

SC22 is criticizing something he's never experienced. His criticisms lack any credibility because of this.

17 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

But interest rates have been low for nearly 10 years now.  The AF 15 explosion has really happened in just the past couple of years (not that prices weren't already high at that point!).  A 4.0 going for $35.8K just screams bubble to me.  I think there are a fair number of collectors out there for whom that represents a sizable chunk of their annual income.  Will they sit on their copies figuring prices will keep going up or will their thoughts turn to what they can do with that kind of dough -- fix up the house, get a new car, better fund their retirement accounts, and so on?

Isn't spurring inflation the whole reason interest rates have been kept so low for so long?  There are a lot of people awash with cash, most of it borrowed.   Comic prices will correct when interest rates are allowed to normalize and the Fed lets a lot of air out of its bloated gargantuan balance sheet.  As far as AF 15 future pricing goes-Disney now owns Spidey.  He will be in the public eye for decades to come.  As a buyer I wish prices would come down but I've been holding my breath for a long time. 

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

You did not read my other post I said whatever swings your boat do it. I also said not everyone has the same life goals.

Edited by SC22

3 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

SC22 is criticizing something he's never experienced. His criticisms lack any credibility because of this.

I was with someone for 5 years then someone else for 3 years (and a few more for 6 to 8 months)  so don't say I don't know what it is I do that is why I rather be single and happy than married. There where good times and bad times just like anyone else but I am truly happy I made my choice to stay single with no kids....I have zero regrets and life is good!!

For me pets are the best companions....again to each his own.

Edited by SC22

Is this thread called the AF 15 Club because all anybody does in here is club the next guy over the head? 

If so, keep it up because it's very entertaining. :)

4 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Is this thread called the AF 15 Club because all anybody does in here is club the next guy over the head? 

If so, keep it up because it's very entertaining. :)

It is an Internet chat board entertainment is about the only thing it's good for 

6 minutes ago, SC22 said:

I was with someone for 5 years then someone else for 3 years (and a few more for 6 to 8 months)  so don't say I don't know what it is I do that is why I rather be single and happy than married. There where good times and bad times just like anyone else but I am truly happy I made my choice to stay single with no kids....I have zero regrets and life is good!!

For me pets are the best companions....again to each his own.

Marriage is a whole other thing than just being in a relationship for years. Again, you're in no position to raise any criticism about marriage if you've never experienced it.

15 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Marriage is a whole other thing than just being in a relationship for years. Again, you're in no position to raise any criticism about marriage if you've never experienced it.

lollll hahaha marriage is no different than been in a long term relationship give me a break....ohhhh the day you get married you suddenly levitate above those in long term relationships and experience these new incredible things....hahahaha yeah right!! Relationships = love + time....marriage = love + time + a piece of paper....ohhhh what a difference!!

I remember when one elderly wise man said to me kid love is like a deck of cards 1st it starts off with a hearth then comes a diamond then comes a club and it all ends with a spade!!

Edited by SC22

8 minutes ago, SC22 said:

lollll hahaha marriage is no different than been in a long term relationship give me a break....ohhhh the day you get married you suddenly levitate above those in long term relationships and experiences these new incredible things....hahahaha yeah right!!

For one, marriage is a legal contract- the state has a part in the relationship. Legal obligations make the relationship different than just taking part in a long term relationship. There's a lifetime commitment. That's not to say that long term relationships cannot be a significant part in someone's life. You can raise criticisms about long term relationships but you're in no position to do the same when it comes to marriage.(thumbsu

23 minutes ago, SC22 said:

lollll hahaha marriage is no different than been in a long term relationship give me a break....ohhhh the day you get married you suddenly levitate above those in long term relationships and experience these new incredible things....hahahaha yeah right!! Relationships = love + time....marriage = love + time + a piece of paper....ohhhh what a difference!!

I remember when one elderly wise man said to me kid love is like a deck of cards 1st it starts off with a hearth then comes a diamond then comes a club and it all ends with a spade!!

One thing you didn't mention is that being married apparently makes you less angry and confrontational. 

36 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

One thing you didn't mention is that being married apparently makes you less angry and confrontational. 

Funny I heard the opposite!!

1 hour ago, bronze johnny said:

For one, marriage is a legal contract- the state has a part in the relationship. Legal obligations make the relationship different than just taking part in a long term relationship. There's a lifetime commitment. That's not to say that long term relationships cannot be a significant part in someone's life. You can raise criticisms about long term relationships but you're in no position to do the same when it comes to marriage.(thumbsu

Funny I seen tons of married people and tons of people that are not married and personally I see zero difference in the way they are. Only difference I see is when they break up one costs a fortune and the other not so much....unless kids are involved.

But anyway just enjoy your marriage and I will enjoy my single life....neither one is better it's the one that makes you the happiest that counts!!

Edited by SC22

2 hours ago, ThothAmon said:
19 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

But interest rates have been low for nearly 10 years now.  The AF 15 explosion has really happened in just the past couple of years (not that prices weren't already high at that point!).  A 4.0 going for $35.8K just screams bubble to me.  I think there are a fair number of collectors out there for whom that represents a sizable chunk of their annual income.  Will they sit on their copies figuring prices will keep going up or will their thoughts turn to what they can do with that kind of dough -- fix up the house, get a new car, better fund their retirement accounts, and so on?

Isn't spurring inflation the whole reason interest rates have been kept so low for so long?  There are a lot of people awash with cash, most of it borrowed.   Comic prices will correct when interest rates are allowed to normalize and the Fed lets a lot of air out of its bloated gargantuan balance sheet.  As far as AF 15 future pricing goes-Disney now owns Spidey.  He will be in the public eye for decades to come.  As a buyer I wish prices would come down but I've been holding my breath for a long time. 

Well, if whoever bought that 4.0 for $35.8K did so with borrowed money, then we're talking bubble behavior squared. More generally, I don't think there's much relationship between comic prices and interest rates.

6 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Well, if whoever bought that 4.0 for $35.8K did so with borrowed money, then we're talking bubble behavior squared. More generally, I don't think there's much relationship between comic prices and interest rates.

If the comic is purchased with borrowed money, I can guarantee you interest rates play a big role in the sale. I looked at every option to purchase my book. The end result? HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit). Not to brag, but the appreciation on my home since then has helped offset the initial financial burden. Lower interest rate and longer to pay (but a larger mortgage payment). I'm sure others looked into this too. (thumbsu

Edited by peewee22

29 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Funny I seen tons of married people and tons of people that are not married and personally I see zero difference in the way they are. Only difference I see is when they break up one costs a fortune and the other not so much....unless kids are involved.

But anyway just enjoy your marriage and I will enjoy my single life....neither one is better it's the one that makes you the happiest that counts!!

The difference between you and those of us who are married or have experienced it is that we've crossed the river. You haven't. Until you have, your view is from a distance that is separated by the water. Yes, you can hear what some are saying from the other side or from those who've returned. Not enough. As for what the old wise man said about his playing cards analogy- you can say that about life too.

9 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

The difference between you and those of us who are married or have experienced it is that we've crossed the river. You haven't. Until you have, your view is from a distance that is separated by the water. Yes, you can hear what some are saying from the other side or from those who've returned. Not enough. As for what the old wise man said about his playing cards analogy- you can say that about life too.

Enjoy your life and I will enjoy mine!!