• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:
4 hours ago, LSN said:

Hi everyone,

My name is Landon and I'm 27 years old, owning a AF15 has been a real dream/goal of mine for a LONG time. I've been a huge SM fan my whole life. This was the perfect copy for me and I love it so much! 

I want to thank the seller Bunky Brian, he helped me out a lot and was very informative and patient. 

Glad to be in the club.

-Landon (LSN)

IMG_0075.JPG

:golfclap:that's a really nice book. No MC and the piece out of the back cover wouldn't bother me at all.

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

That has got to be the nicest AF15 0.5 on the planet. (thumbsu

If the book is being given a 0.5 grading because it is considered to be Incomplete due only to the piece missing from the back cover, than this is where I find CGC's use of this grading to be of absolutely no use and possibly even misleading.  :facepalm:

This is the ideal situation where a Green Qualified label with the actual grade of the book, excluding the impact of the missing piece from the back cover, would provide so much more information to all parties looking at this particular book.  hm

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

If the book is being given a 0.5 grading because it is considered to be Incomplete due only to the piece missing from the back cover, than this is where I find CGC's use of this grading to be of absolutely no use and possibly even misleading.  :facepalm:

This is the ideal situation where a Green Qualified label with the actual grade of the book, excluding the impact of the missing piece from the back cover, would provide so much more information to all parties looking at this particular book.  hm

The GLOD may be a worse choice. I'd strongly consider taking it out of the slab and putting it in Mylar.

11 hours ago, LSN said:

Hi everyone,

My name is Landon and I'm 27 years old, owning a AF15 has been a real dream/goal of mine for a LONG time. I've been a huge SM fan my whole life. This was the perfect copy for me and I love it so much! 

I want to thank the seller Bunky Brian, he helped me out a lot and was very informative and patient. 

Glad to be in the club.

-Landon (LSN)

IMG_0075.JPG

Very nice book for the grade! Wow!

8 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

waaFirst major book I bought too was an AF 15 CGC 5.0 with some chipping. Was so happy and nervous at the same time waiting for the book to be delivered to me.  Paid a paltry 2500 and I was around 22.

What year was that in?

10 hours ago, SC22 said:
11 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

That has got to be the nicest AF15 0.5 on the planet. (thumbsu

Indeed do not part with it you will not be able to find a nicer CGC 0.5....Congrats!!

+1   Great looking copy.  

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I've seen the back of the book - about half of the back cover is missing. I owned a 0.5 that had about 20% of the back cover missing and it was not marked "incomplete". This one has some of the front cover missing and it is also not marked "incomplete". I guess CGC works on a certain % of a cover missing for a book to be designated "incomplete"

af153.jpg

1 hour ago, Spiderturtle said:

Since 2009, I've dealt with many boardies. Sold bought, bought sold....... since 2009

That is what you call a nice retirement plan.....10 years from now you can just kick back and enjoy life!!

6 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

current inventory, they're are mine, all paid for.   

:whee::luhv:

image_thumb_jpg_d4b03d4ab61f038249b75ede43dad885.jpg

Well, now that's what I call putting all your eggs in one basket, although they would definitely appear to be the right type of eggs.  (thumbsu

Hopefully, you've got more than just AF 15's in your collection though.  hm  :wishluck:

On ‎13‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 9:23 AM, yanksarod22 said:

you paid $23k in 2014

great buy!

that's a close to $40-50k book today

4 hours ago, yanksarod22 said:

More like $60?

You should not post things like that on the world wide web since the IRS might be watching and taking notes.  doh!

Looks like a typo since I am not what that last character is.  I believe you really meant $60K, did you not?  lol

Edited by lou_fine