• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Do you see a pattern forming here?

Upgradeable CGC 7.0 goes for a record price. :whistle:

Maybe I have some idea of what I'm talking about?

GPA shows a copy @ $65K in Nov 2016 but I don't think that is when this copy sold.

Do you know when that copy sold?

It must have been an old sale as there is no date listed on the site.

I think this copy had a poor scan originally and a better scan later on. It then sold for a record for a 7.0 at 65K last year.

Edited by showcase22gr1959

49 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I believe you have three 7.0's...that's a major hoard in my book.

Thanks, i try to hoard as many af15 as i can, resorting to the 1.5 to 3.0 range now.  Everything above that is very pricey

2 hours ago, gadzukes said:

You just made me realize, I have never paid more than $5000 for a car (and I'm 55 now) but I have probably spent more than $5000 on a comic at least 10 times.  Does that mean there's something wrong with me?

No I think your OK in my book. I am driving a 14 year old car I bought in 2011 for 4K. Cars to me from my experience are some metal and mostly plastic and cars only (usually) depreciate in value or at least most people's do. I would spend 5K on books whenever possible than buy a car. I was out of comics in 2003 had to sell off to pay bills because of a bad life changing situation. My wife now in 2010 told me I could buy a car or comics (she thought I would take the car!) but I picked comics and I rebuilt my old collection from scratch and then some. Today the car she bought (at the time 3 years old) is now worth $4,000 private party sale and my books are well lets say I could buy several cars :) It's all about priorities and we all know comics are a high ranking life necessity right? :smirk:

4 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

I agree that the small handful of people who brought these AF 15's at recent record setting prices will certainly not want to let them go at substantially lower prices.  (thumbsu

The only problem is that the dozens and dozens of collectors who brought their copies at substantially lower prices years ago will be more than willing to sell their copies at huge profit margins once they see the AF 15 market start to take a downward turn.  :gossip: 

They are the ones who will see this as a signal to cash in their paper profits and convert them into real life dollars.  hm  :whee:

I think many will see the signal and cash in but then what? AF 15 will not be cheap to replace anytime soon. 

15 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

I think this copy had a poor scan originally and a better scan later on. It then sold for a record for a 7.0 at 65K last year.

Where was it auctioned previously?

Do you have links?

On 6/23/2017 at 9:51 PM, Spiderturtle said:

Thanks, i try to hoard as many af15 as i can, resorting to the 1.5 to 3.0 range now.  Everything above that is very pricey

(thumbsu Also, I bet a well presenting 3.0 with no M/C might be approaching 18K+ and a 1.5 is a approaching 10K...which was an entry level for a 5.0 six years ago.

10 hours ago, VintageComics said:

Where was it auctioned previously?

Do you have links?

This was sold on CC exchange and not at auction. The link was shown earlier. The buyer took a chance on the scans provided. Again, it was sold for a record for a 7.0 last year.

On 24 June 2017 at 1:49 PM, Spiderturtle said:

I'm surprised more people on the boards dont hoard af15s.  Publicly seen people with 3 copies or so.

I hoarded plenty of copies when they were still relatively affordable..They ain't going anywhere but in the book shelf for Amazing viewing pleasure lol 

Edited by Kalel38

19 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

(thumbsu Also, I bet a well presenting 3.0 with no M/C might be approaching 18K+ and a 1.5 is a approaching 10K...which was an entry level for a 5.0 six years ago.

I def remember a 5.0 getting 10k 5yrs ago ur right... How times have changed and a 1.5 is def at 10-11k today as a entry level 

On 22 June 2017 at 1:50 AM, Spiderturtle said:

Just page gator he's the expert on mc vs non mc af15s.  Dont need gpa or os when you have gator

Gator a expect on mc vs non mc AF 15s lol That's like saying Bill Nye the Science guy is a expert in Science ?

10 hours ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

Sold a well presenting 3.0 with no mc for 17k at heroes con last week

19 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Sold a well presenting 3.0 with no mc for 17k at heroes con last week

Congrats on a record price on the 3.0 17K...perhaps copies with no M/C is 18K+ is approaching sooner than expected. :wink: So no other notes on label too?