• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,480 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, showcase22gr1959 said:
1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Perhaps this has been discussed before, the GPA for the Heritage 8.5 AF 15 Feburary 2017 sale is listed at $155,350 but the hammer price was $130,000. Why is the buyer's premium of $25,350 included in the GPA? Or is that standard to include buyer's premium in GPA

Seems like the book should be valued at 130k. 

I guess. What do I know.

The price is what someone willing to pay (including Buyer's Premium). When you place a bid in Heritage, it will display two prices: one for the bid price and the price with BP. The only thing GPA would not know is if the person had to pay states sales tax. I had books that I won that would registered higher, if my sales tax paid was input to the total.

Or maybe it should only be listed at $77,675 since that's all anybody was willing to pay for this exact same book in the exact same grade and sold by the exact same auction house, only a few short months earlier.  :devil:

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Or maybe it should only be listed at $77,675 since that's all anybody was willing to pay for this exact same book in the exact same grade and sold by the exact same auction house, only a few short months earlier.  :devil:

:banana:

1 minute ago, NoMan said:
3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

:banana:

Well, I certainly hope you are dancing like a crazed banana because you was the one that picked up the book at $77.6K and flipped it back out at $155.3K in a few short months.  :baiting:

6 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

That's why people pay $$$ for slabbed CGC books. lol

7 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, I certainly hope you are dancing like a crazed banana because you was the one that picked up the book at $77.6K and flipped it back out at $155.3K in a few short months.  :baiting:

The dancing banana is because the book was from the collection of Mr. Magik Woo. I think the 78K price difference is fine, because the book is from the personal collection of Mr. Magik Woo.

6 minutes ago, NoMan said:
9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

The dancing banana is because the book was from the collection of Mr. Magik Woo. I think the 78K price difference is fine, because the book is from the personal collection of Mr. Magik Woo.

So you are saying that since it's now no longer directly from his personal collection, the book is now worth $78K more.   lol

Or maybe because it's no longer indicated as being signed by Stan the Man himself anymore, as his signature will drop the value of any book by 50%.  :S

23 hours ago, lou_fine said:

So you are saying that since it's now no longer directly from his personal collection, the book is now worth $78K more.   lol

Or maybe because it's no longer indicated as being signed by Stan the Man himself anymore, as his signature will drop the value of any book by 50%.  :S

Mostly because I like the dancing banana icon. 

Edited by NoMan
Dancing Banana

1 hour ago, blazingbob said:

Yeah Gator,  what are the books that you are no longer buying so that we know what to walk away from?

Oh I'm still buying af15s! The future is not here ...yet lol

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Seeing as how a 9.2 sold for 460K, I'd say " so ? "

My guess for this 9.0 will be between 300 000$ and 350 000$. So......I think that would be a new record for a 9.0?

4 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

My guess for this 9.0 will be between 300 000$ and 350 000$. So......I think that would be a new record for a 9.0?

What I meant is that at 202K it still has a LONG way to go to become news worthy :wink:

But yeah, your estimates sound about right. (thumbsu

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 3/15/2017 at 6:52 PM, VintageComics said:

There's a middle of the road CGC 4.5 in this week's Heritage auction. No MC, OW pages, no really glaring defects.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-45-off-white-pages/a/121712-13208.s?ctrack=1087068&type=spotlight-6--comic--news--tem031517#

If everyone believes that a 4.5 is now all of a sudden a $30K book then this one should sell for close to that as well.

Well the AF15 CGC 4.5 at Heritage Auction ended at 26 290$. And it was not as nice looking as the CGC 4.5 ending on Monday at ComicConnect. The last time Heritage sold a AF15 CGC 4.5 in August of 2015 it went for 16 730$.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/superhero/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-vg-45-off-white-pages/a/121712-13208.s?ctrack=1087068&type=spotlight-6--comic--news--tem031517#

Edited by SupergirlDC19591
Text

Hulk 1 in CGC 4.5 sell for 12 000$ to 14 000$ sure seems like it took a back seat compared to AF15 in the same grade over the last year.

Text

44 minutes ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Well the AF15 CGC 4.5 at Heritage Auction ended at 26 290$. And it was not as nice looking as the CGC 4.5 ending on Monday at ComicConnect. The last time Heritage sold a AF15 CGC 4.5 in August of 2015 it went for 16 730$.

Looks like a record sale for a CGC 4.5 copy

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Looks like a record sale for a CGC 4.5 copy

For now till the other 4.5 sells tomorrow evening it is at 26 700$ already.

Text

22 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

AF15 CGC 9.0 is at 202 000$ with just a few days left.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=701480

it seems like across the board all copies of this book are up around 75% of what they sold for in 2014 based on GPA. So this book probably gonna sell for 340-360k if the numbers hold up for the ultra rare copies in the coveted 9+ range as they do for the more common VG books. Should be interesting to see. If it does go for 340k+ its gonna make that 8.5 look like a steal.

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

it seems like across the board all copies of this book are up around 75% of what they sold for in 2014 based on GPA. So this book probably gonna sell for 340-360k if the numbers hold up for the ultra rare copies in the coveted 9+ range as they do for the more common VG books. Should be interesting to see. If it does go for 340k+ its gonna make that 8.5 look like a steal.

Agreed AF15 is now on a whole other level even when it comes to say Hulk 1. It is the Action Comics #1 of the silver age.....for a while Hulk 1 was close behind but I am sure Hulk 1 will pick up steam over time.

Text

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:
On 3/18/2017 at 7:57 PM, SupergirlDC19591 said:

AF15 CGC 9.0 is at 202 000$ with just a few days left.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=701480

Which 8.5 sale are you referring to?  ???

The supposedly clearly overgraded 8.5 book slabbed by the other company which some apparent poor uninformed foolish imbecile had brought for $77.7K smackers, but yet somehow managed to resell it only a few short months later for $155.3K real dollars after getting it regraded as a 8.5 graded copy by CGC.  Or are you saying that he is still a foolish imbecile and should have waited a few more months since he would have gotten a lot more than $155.3K for the book?  hm  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On March 15, 2017 at 6:10 PM, VintageComics said:

If people think that 4.5 copies are now worth $30K then I'm going to say that it's not healthy and the sky is about to start falling.

Not $30k yet but how about $27k and yes the sky is about to start falling :angel: