• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

It went 10 % less than the last 6.5 from a year and a half ago. And $4k less than a 6.0 that just sold on comic connect. I can't imagine the chipping was that big of a factor... hm

-J.

Actually, it went for 20% less than a 6.5 ow/w that sold last year. I believe the difference in prices realized is indeed due to the chipping and missing corner piece on the copy just sold. While the CGC-assigned numerical grade is an important factor in determining a key's value, so to is how nice the comic looks.

It went 10 % less than the last 6.5 from a year and a half ago. And $4k less than a 6.0 that just sold on comic connect. I can't imagine the chipping was that big of a factor... hm

-J.

Actually, it went for 20% less than a 6.5 ow/w that sold last year. I believe the difference in prices realized is indeed due to the chipping and missing corner piece on the copy just sold. While the CGC-assigned numerical grade is an important factor in determining a key's value, so to is how nice the comic looks.

I am inclined to agree with this. It's still a helluva good price for that though. Only $6500 less than the 5.5 below it, also on comic link? Wow. I think that would have realized more in a straight auction.

-J.

-J.

I am inclined to agree with this. It's still a helluva good price for that though. Only $6500 less than the 5.5 below it, also on comic link? Wow. I think that would have realized more in a straight auction.

-J.

terrible photo and the Stan Lee autograph didn't help. (autograph on CGC case but still)

I think that was an outstanding purchase for someone at that price...white pages...will look great once they get it re-holdered. Classic example of something sitting long enough to become a bargain.

Dan

Agreed Nicest .5 Ive ever seen

It's up to $4000.00!

Little rough to have that book graded as a 0.5 no? Both covers are present, no missing pages, etc. I would think this book is at least a 1.0..

The bottom portion of the back cover is missing... :baiting:

Still very nicely presenting...you don't even notice the bottom part of the cover is missing at initial glance...that book got hammered at .5 and it's not even cream pages... (shrug)

It is marginal but with that much missing cover and the combination of other flaws it probably is properly graded as a 0.5. But it might be the best 0.5 you'll ever see. Wouldn't surprise me to see this copy set a GPA high for the grade. (The one currently on ebay.)

On another note, is it just me or do there seem to be a relative dearth of AF 15's on the market these days? The conventional wisdom is usually "you can find an AF 15 in pretty much any grade any day of the week".

Hasn't seem to have been the case for the last few months or so.

-J.

It is marginal but with that much missing cover and the combination of other flaws it probably is properly graded as a 0.5. But it might be the best 0.5 you'll ever see. Wouldn't surprise me to see this copy set a GPA high for the grade. (The one currently on ebay.)

It did - $4605.00 - pretty good!!!!

On another note, is it just me or do there seem to be a relative dearth of AF 15's on the market these days? The conventional wisdom is usually "you can find an AF 15 in pretty much any grade any day of the week".

Hasn't seem to have been the case for the last few months or so.

-J.