• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE AMAZING FANTASY #15 CLUB
39 39

14,481 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2020 at 6:06 AM, NoMan said:

I’m a simple man. I paid attention in nursery school (be nice to others, treat others the way you would be treated, etc) and my schooling went downhill, unfortunately, after that. 

therefore, what the heck are you talking about? John bought the book? Why? Or perhaps I’m misunderstanding your post. That very well could be true. 

agreed. what does this mean? did you mean to say the seller bought the book back? confusing...

On 4/12/2020 at 9:38 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

agreed. what does this mean? did you mean to say the seller bought the book back? confusing...

I've seen you here. Looked at your website. Like your paintings. I wish I could draw. Can't draw a straight line with a ruler. Where were you when I was trying to hire an artist to draw what a deceased television evangelist might currently look like in his coffin/grave/tomb after being deceased for ten years? It's a long story. For an art project kinda thing. There was money. Even went looking for artists that specialized in medical illustrations but nobody wrote back. Like I said, long story.

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, LovetheLizard said:

My copy. Low grade, but at least I can say I own one. 😁487FB8B7-678F-41B9-A958-C497C25B60CF.thumb.jpeg.9c9d382c36e8c8f7ea43a2679f9efdcd.jpeg390FF962-A8E2-4F1A-B2AC-7B09F5017A79.thumb.jpeg.17e4d2b7005ca002746da505125324d8.jpeg

Looks pretty good to me!

On 3/14/2020 at 1:06 PM, KCOComics said:
On 3/13/2020 at 6:51 PM, Chicago Boy said:

I heard from reliable sources that the buyer of the 9.4 bought the book back immediately upon the hammer price of 794 k. I don’t know any more than that but I trust the source unless someone here knows for sure it didn’t happen. 

What does that mean exactly? He withdrew from the sale? 

Well, I just checked the HA archives and it still shows the auction sale going through for $795K which is NOT the hammer price as already includes the BP juice:  :gossip:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7224-91050.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Doesn't appear that any offer was made to the new owner through Heritage as the Make Offer to Owner is still active and open on this book here.  ???

On 4/14/2020 at 1:36 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, I just checked the HA archives and it still shows the auction sale going through for $795K which is NOT the hammer price as already includes the BP juice:  :gossip:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/amazing-fantasy-15-marvel-1962-cgc-nm-94-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7224-91050.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Doesn't appear that any offer was made to the new owner through Heritage as the Make Offer to Owner is still active and open on this book here.  ???

It's called buying back your own book at auction and paying the consignment fee. Probably a lot more commonplace then people realize at auction especially with dealer books. 

As many have said earlier comic sales have been steady but when people are talking about prices going down slightly I don’t think they are speaking of it immediately but in a year or two when we finally and fully see the fall out of this virus and permanent job losses as everyday I hear about another friend or business closing permanently. The economy is being slightly supported but government spending but not all will be held up and are trying to hold on as long as they can it’s in time where we will be in the downturn from a financial perspective when Social assistance ends or government assistance ends etc.. 

On 4/23/2020 at 9:15 PM, Batmanis#1 said:

Kinda  makes one wonder do we just go full tilt and accept getting the virus or see a slow destruction of society as we know it. Either way it will not be pretty but what will be worse.

Some times I think would be best just to go full blown into it and get this over so life can get back to normal. This can't go on for years or a year it would be insane.

And I am a older man. This is war some times tough choices need to be done. Or just wait years just to end up with a new virus. There is tough choices to make about where it came from and what to do about that and what to do here at home.

Yeah but with that high of a death rate it’s pretty gruesome will be more loses than any of the world wars combined if the entire planet gets infected and 5-7% pass.. 

anyways to keep it comic related how’s, them AF15 holding up should I get a second copy? 

7 hours ago, Krismusic said:

Yeah but with that high of a death rate it’s pretty gruesome will be more loses than any of the world wars combined if the entire planet gets infected and 5-7% pass.. 

anyways to keep it comic related how’s, them AF15 holding up should I get a second copy? 

if you have the funds, you should most definitely get a second copy! i have been collecting SA keys in pairs the last few years so that if i choose to sell one, i will still have one. it may take some time, but eventually this book will start moving up again and prove to be a great buy. 

all SA keys have been great buys and i've only been paying attention/ buying for about 6 or 7 years... 

On 4/23/2020 at 1:58 PM, Krismusic said:

As many have said earlier comic sales have been steady but when people are talking about prices going down slightly I don’t think they are speaking of it immediately but in a year or two when we finally and fully see the fall out of this virus and permanent job losses as everyday I hear about another friend or business closing permanently. The economy is being slightly supported but government spending but not all will be held up and are trying to hold on as long as they can it’s in time where we will be in the downturn from a financial perspective when Social assistance ends or government assistance ends etc.. 

This makes sense. We still don't fully know the extent of the economic damage and wont for some time. That information has not been internalized yet. Since we only get big meaningful information once a month we only know what happened in March and still even that information is not yet complete. We haven't gotten too much in the way of real numbers yet as far as GDP unemployment etc etc. There may be a roaring comeback in the summer like some are forecasting and there may not be? Its still too early to know. I wouldn't make any sweeping conclusions about the comics market until much more is known and all the freakouts are had if they're going to be had. Its possible a bloated overvalued stock market is imparting false confidence in some people at the moment? Who knows??? Too much is up in the air 

11 hours ago, Krismusic said:

That is a great ?. Maybe you should have sold your copy already or maybe go out and buy more. Book just keeps going up. A hiccup once in a while then back up. So many speculators and investors. How will the economy look going forward? Book might go up but because dollar is weaker. Election year. Unemployment. Covid. A lot going on right now. Personally won't be purchasing any. Invested in other things. Future income will go other places. Just better safer opportunities imo. However I have seen the book go up my entire life. Sold on it too early every time so what are the odds that this here right now is the peak? But what is left for Spider-man to do? Had cartoons, then movies, then movies post avengers, then was in MCU. So price increases all have a reason. Demand is huge but so is price. When do people stop speculating on it and how many collectors say they would rather have a car or house instead of a comic book.

One day though maybe people will get bored with super hero movies. Not any time soon. But westerns used to be huge. The 3 most popular sports were baseball boxing and horse racing. Will kids today want to spend this kind of money on comics when they never read them growing up or read them online. They might be buying pokemon magic who knows what. 

Get this.... I actually talked to the seller a couple nights ago. I asked him through ebay if he had a buy it now price in mind, he responds with 8k which would gain anyone's interest. I told him i was interested but since he had 0 feedback and he's pretty much starting out on ebay with a Lakers shirt and a AF15, i wanted some background on the comic and how he wanted to go about the sale. he said it was his dad's who just died to the coronavirus and he also sends me a photo with his cell# to text him. 

So i text him and he's asking me how i want to pay. I tell him paypal. he said that's fine and he would ship overnight with tracking. I start asking him about his dad and if he had a large collection of comics. he said he did but he can't go into the house because it's dangerous. i asked where he got the AF15 from and he said storage. so i ask that's the only comic he had in storage? he says no he had a hulk 4.5 and avengers (exact words). so i said okay lets focus on the spider-man. So I start texting him seriously on how i handle business and i then get a phone call from him. he sounded young, he had his texas accent. So i get serious business with him and i tell him that i don't exchange a lot of money unless i feel comfortable doing it. even though paypal has it's protection, i don't need my money held up in limbo while i iron out a scam or non delivery. So i ask him to shoot me some new photos of the comic. he asks why? he put plenty of photos in the auction. I tell him i need to see something new. I ask him if he has the comic nearby and that he can take some photos that would be great. so he says ok and rushes off the phone. 

I wait about 45 minutes and get nothing. i text him some words of encouragement that i'm interested and i'm waiting to make this deal. I call him...straight to VM. The guy pretty much blocked me lol. so i reach out to him through ebay again and go to sleep. he responded that someone else offered him more. So i ask if i can match it and if he's gonna play the offer game he should just let his auction run. he tells me $9800 which is a weird number $200 from a fresh 10k. Last i communicated with him and the auction still lives. 

it stinks, you get ready for a deal and try to make things happen but you know in your heart, it's gonna be a annoying situation. I feel like winning the auction just to see what happens.