• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,443 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, 29dukedog said:

Breaks my heart.  But... if the rings are that conspicuous, won't CGC reholder the book free of charge?  

They might, but lately it seems as if a lot of books are coming back with bad Newton rings.  I was talking to someone at Heritage about it and he said, "Don't get me started on the subject of Newton rings!"  So, it seems like it has become a significant issue again.

I have a feeling that I could get them to reslab it, but it might well come back in the same shape.  I think there must be something going on.  Maybe a problem with the materials they've been using lately?

On 7/7/2018 at 3:20 PM, porcupine48 said:

Ugh.I couldn't stand that,i'd be setting her free.

I see your point, but Marilyn on the loose could be dangerous. hm

58 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

The thing I like best about 1950s romance books is how they celebrated young, innocent love.  :luhv:

00930630850000111566270007.jpg

Really nice. Nobody did it like Superior (but I don't see anything innocent in that man's intentions :baiting: )

On 7/7/2018 at 9:23 PM, retrocomics said:

Great sheisty woman cover

We could do a whole new thread...

romanticconfessionsv1-9.jpg

Going through some scans I noticed an oddity. There were two different runs Romantic Hearts. They reused a cover situation and dialogue...

romantichearts(1st)4.jpg

romantichearts(2nd)1.jpg

3 hours ago, sagii said:

Really nice. Nobody did it like Superior (but I don't see anything innocent in that man's intentions :baiting: )

I think he just wants a little polite conversation with a woman who is clearly chaste and unsophisticated. 

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

We could do a whole new thread...

romanticconfessionsv1-9.jpg

This one looks a bit Kinstlerish to me, but apparently not because he signed most (all?) of his covers.  GCD suggests John Prentice.

2 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

Going through some scans I noticed an oddity. There were two different runs Romantic Hearts. They reused a cover situation and dialogue...

romantichearts(1st)4.jpg

romantichearts(2nd)1.jpg

Does he really want to use that line while necking with her? hm