• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,494 posts in this topic

Interesting lot of 17 raw average F+ romance went for $1560 on HA.  No names at all in the bunch - no Baker, Cole, Colletta, Kirby.  Some of the 17 had not much going for them at all, others are harder to come by and I would have liked to see them.

I really hate those larger lots where they only show 3 books, and they're tiled, so you only really see the first book.  And yet...someone thinks there's $ to be made at $1560 plus slabbing fees. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

Interesting lot of 17 raw average F+ romance went for $1560 on HA.  No names at all in the bunch - no Baker, Cole, Colletta, Kirby.  Some of the 17 had not much going for them at all, others are harder to come by and I would have liked to see them.

I really hate those larger lots where they only show 3 books, and they're tiled, so you only really see the first book.  And yet...someone thinks there's $ to be made at $1560 plus slabbing fees. 

I agree. I was a bit perplexed myself. The books shown, dear lonely hearts 6, the other all true romance, and romantic hearts 9 are all interesting to me and the romance stories of true love 52 has a Baker story but I was surprised at the hammer price.

6 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I agree. I was a bit perplexed myself. The books shown, dear lonely hearts 6, the other all true romance, and romantic hearts 9 are all interesting to me and the romance stories of true love 52 has a Baker story but I was surprised at the hammer price.

Were they in grade ? GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 10/24/2018 at 6:34 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Maybe not...hm  but I'm still waiting for this one to catch on...LOL

16401300367_b4648c5db8_c.jpg

Certain issues of Ace's teen humor books are on fire in their own right, when you can actually find them. This one included 

15 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

I assume that lots like that one are often bought by dealers looking for stock.  Maybe if they were interested enough, they were able to get Heritage to provide additional details on the books.  The alternative, I guess, would be a collector getting into romance books and wanting to jumpstart his or her collection. 

1 minute ago, Bearcatcoach said:

Picked up at a small show yesterday....Overstreet lists as Scarce.  Cool Liz Taylor cvr in anyway.....

20181104_203030.jpg

Nice cover and no one had eyes like Liz (thumbsu

On 10/29/2018 at 12:51 AM, PeterPark said:

Romantic Hearts 9? The girl fight cover? Heck, that might go for $1500 by itself.

40 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

Romantic Hearts 9? The girl fight cover? Heck, that might go for $1500 by itself.

Was thinking the same, but the book is listed as RH #9 first series, not second.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Classic cover aren't you glad you have one :smile:

On 11/5/2018 at 10:53 PM, Dr. Love said:

nice Liz, photo covers are heating up

damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

LoveDiary09fc100_zpse663cc93.jpg

Something just doesn't look right lol

Edited by comicjack