• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
34 34

6,494 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, szav said:

Saw that a CGC 5.0 of this one just went over $300 in the CC auction so figured I should buy this $15 copy right away...although I worry it'll lose 90% of its value whenever Dr. Love changes his avatar...

Only two copies graded and the highest is 6.5.  The paper on these Ace books is horrible.  I'm surprised that a 6.5 even exists.  My preference is for the issue following this one.

2 minutes ago, szav said:

Thanks you're right that one is great too...just bought one for $12 thank you.  Too bad I wasn't paying better attention lost a little on the shipping.

My v26 n3 is in another holder.  They only gave it a 3.0.

So I got on feebay about an hour earlier than an auction close time for a Girl Confessions #31.  I was going to snipe and win it for whatever cost.  Guess what - I get so distracted looking up new comic listings - I MISSED IT!  :pullhair:  Sold for a cheap $40.  Congrats to the buyer (and feel free to make money by selling it at a profit to me :gossip:).

11 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Tanning mostly from my scanner. I'm not, not I tell you, collecting all the Colletta Atlas romance covers. Just not happening. :sumo:

Anyone happen to have any of the ones I still need? hm

True Secrets.jpg

from the above, '54 Colletta, vintage.  All hail Toth, the master.

image.thumb.jpeg.55acb0b91656d6f5bc2350c03eead13f.jpeg

I'm looking at the cocktail in her hand,  records on the floor and the hell or come hither coyness in her smirk and I'm betting that's a dry gin martini and was listening to some Julie, Eartha and Peggy but now that he's entered the room she's playing some Chet. 

IMG_2625.JPG

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

Edited by Cobbledclam
Wrong image

An investment tip and a question...Many of the beautiful painted Ace romance comics covers were originally published as covers for their pulp line, which was enormously successful back then. In some cases the pulps were published many years prior to their comic counterparts. Even in nice shape those pulps now mostly sell for less than $15 each. When CGC starts grading pulps those Ace romance issues should increase in desirability and value as more folks are exposed to them. Will the corresponding comics hold their value?

14 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Haircuts by Leatherface

As we say in Texas, "Corn Teen!"