• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,494 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, sagii said:

This Thread should be very active today, if no other. Where's the Love? :D

Anyway,  piggybacking off of @Point Five Comic Media does have some very desirable Romance books among other genres. I have been able to coral about 5 examples from the publisher (3 of them from this title) :x

20210214_132003.jpg

That's great! I think we've chatted about this before... I'm actually chipping away at this run. (I've got the issue on the left here but not the other two.) Are the other two Comic Media romances Dear Lonely Hearts? I'd like to see those as well.

12 minutes ago, Point Five said:

That's great! I think we've chatted about this before... I'm actually chipping away at this run. (I've got the issue on the left here but not the other two.) Are the other two Comic Media romances Dear Lonely Hearts? I'd like to see those as well.

One is, I'll dig 'em up! 

Great to hear you are chipping away at the run :applause:

Edited by sagii

This one i snagged from @Bunky Brian a while back. Think it sat for a day unclaimed in a sales Thread before i jumped on it. I scrolled two times through it to make sure it was still available, not believing someone hadn't claimed it yet, lol. 

Great interiors, including a Wally Wood spanking panel or two 

Dear Lonely Heart #7.jpg

21 minutes ago, sagii said:

And this rarity :x NFS

Kind of Kamenish / Bakerish. Faded and probably a 'good' at best, but i feel lucky to have it all the same . Was an eBay snipe, from a seller with very low feedback and the pics were 'grainy'. Probably how/why i wasn't blown out of the water :D

Confessions of Love #1.jpg

That's awesome! Wild cover. FWIW it looks more like a printing plate error than fading -- comparing to GCD, the logo lettering and shading under the word LOVE should be black, not red.

3 minutes ago, Point Five said:

That's awesome! Wild cover. FWIW it looks more like a printing plate error than fading -- comparing to GCD, the logo lettering and shading under the word LOVE should be black, not red.

Thanks!

Didn't consider that. It's in my group of books to get slabbed this year. 

On 2/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, Point Five said:

One of the things I like about the ATR books is that there seems to be at least one crime-romance story in each issue, at least in the later part of the run.