• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the rarest romance comics?
33 33

6,494 posts in this topic

I think this book is amazing...

heartandsoul01.jpg

:applause: I love this Heart and Soul and it's a great looking copy. I don't recall seeing one for sale in the 2 years I've been looking.

I really like the Love Journal too. By far the best copy I've seen since first noticing the cover a few years ago.

Hey lover boy, do you have the one with the large girl and the little guys?

You don't mean this one, do you?

ds30_zpsbeyzqrpb.jpg

Not that one. It is an issue of Love Diary

Hey lover boy, do you have the one with the large girl and the little guys?

You don't mean this one, do you?

ds30_zpsbeyzqrpb.jpg

Not that one. Actually it is Love Journal, not sure the number

Edited by Robot Man

Orbit had a great lineup. A lot of Mort Leav, Syd Shores, and Harry Anderson. Buscema working on his style, but not in Love Journal 16, just a 2 pager. Of course, with a cover like that, you can be excused from class.

As you might imagine, it is very very difficult to draw a compelling romance story. Nothing over the top you can hook on to.

I'm a big Syd fan.

LoveJournal16_Shores1_zpsrgdusbkf.jpg

LoveJournal16_Shores2_zpsktcotbfh.jpg

LoveJournal16_Shores3_zps0wlal9mh.jpg

Orbit had a great lineup. A lot of Mort Leav, Syd Shores, and Harry Anderson. Buscema working on his style, [snip]

I'm a big Syd fan.

Absolutely. Starting my collecting days with the synchronic March 1952 collection, I was lucky enough to get exposed to Love Journal and Love Diary early on and noticed the same; pound for pound, the art in these is above average for Romance books (I am looking at you Ace for example in the back of the class). I buy them when I see them.

Thanks for posting that page :banana: